Confirmed Zo gone to NE

Advertisement
Zo thinks Mario is a stubborn meathead and believes Mario did a great job getting like-minded meatheads around him. It aint the only reason he left. Getting back in the NFL is great for him. But anyone who says or will say he's getting away from Mario is right.

Advertisement
Good luck to the man. I absolutely wish him nothing but the best even if I questioned any of his time here. No doubt in my mind he wants the absolute best for his alma mater.

Advertisement
Ed waiting to come back in.
high five college football GIF by Miami Hurricanes
No..

Advertisement
Zo was all in on the blueprint that winning football involves a physical running offense, and big physical wide receivers. He was right. That is part of the equation. Mario took the inital blueprint and rebuilt the O line. He recruited WRs that fit Zo's concept. But in year two and three, Mario needed to rebuild the D line. That wasn't Zo's expertise. I am sure he had input but it wasn't his niche. But he pushed for physical guys and we got that on DL. I wish Zo the best for at least pushing us back in pursuing the biggest and best athletes available because that is what NFL talent people when they evaluate who you select or draft people on how to win championship teams. This was something Manny never did.

Advertisement
So, are we going to hire a replacement or just eliminate the position?
My guess would be that we eliminate it. If we hire a replacement, it has to be someone that Mario respects, and who knows the ins and outs of how to run a a modern day P5 football program.

Advertisement
Back