Zion turner, Qb of sta

Advertisement
Any one with thoughts of the young man?

Saw St. Thomas play Atlantic in the playoffs couple weeks back. Looked good to me. Had a homie with me that used to play in the pros and first thing he said, "St. Thomas QB is making some throws you don't always see HS kids making." And I think he's only a sophomore.

I liked what I saw as well. Good arm. Mobile. Tough and confident. Hope to see him grow a bit, but I was impressed with him.

He is young but with the offense change we can now recruit dual threat quarterbacks! He knows what it takes leading a St.Thomas team as a sophomore and with more passing teaching he can be really good. I love being able to recruit kids who don't fit the quarterback mold now and getting with the modern times.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He read that **** wrong Go

maxresdefault.jpg

I like the offer. Says a lot about the direction we're going with the QB position. Maybe we'll stop letting kids like hem Geno Smith, Tyler Huntley and Lamar Jackson leave our backyard.

We played against him and he had a rough night (8-20 for 57 yards) but you could see the talent and poise. STA doesn't exactly have an elaborate passing attack, all Zion throws is deep comebacks/hitches, deep balls to Rosemy and RB flares/angles. I imagine Zion would look 5x better in Lashlee's offense.

I like this offer a lot.

Advertisement
I like the offer. Says a lot about the direction we're going with the QB position. Maybe we'll stop letting kids like hem Geno Smith, Tyler Huntley and Lamar Jackson leave our backyard.

We played against him and he had a rough night (8-20 for 57 yards) but you could see the talent and poise. STA doesn't exactly have an elaborate passing attack, all Zion throws is deep comebacks/hitches, deep balls to Rosemy and RB flares/angles. I imagine Zion would look 5x better in Lashlee's offense.

I like this offer a lot.
Coach - Do you think the type of offenses teams in Florida in general run hurts QB recruiting in Florida? The offensive systems (in general) in Florida vs Georgia, Texas and California seem to be more elaborate at the HS level.

Coach - Do you think the type of offenses teams in Florida in general run hurts QB recruiting in Florida? The offensive systems (in general) in Florida vs Georgia, Texas and California seem to be more elaborate at the HS level.
I don't think it's a Florida thing. There's plenty of schools in south Florida running air raid type systems. It's just that STA is like Alabama prior to Tua. They have so much talent all over the field they don't fell like they need to open up the passing game that much. Despite being one of the nation's top programs, they run a very vanilla offense.

Advertisement
I don't know. Our high school QB's seem to be doing a great job at the college level. QB's down here are running spread concepts as early as optimist ball. I think the INDIVIDUAL QB coaching down here is a little lackluster however.

It's hard to duplicate the REPS that our kids get though. They're throwing all year around. The high school season just ended and all of the 7-on-7 stuff is already in full swing. Our skill kids play all year around, and I think that's part of the reason that we're seeing Florida produce more QB's.

I like this offer a lot.
Coach where you coach at?

Advertisement
Back