Zion Nelson future 1st Rounder

Zion is already a success story IMO.
Being drafted early would just be the icing on the cake.
I agree with this. I remember when he committed it was around the same time everyone realized Evan Neal wasn't coming and then we stole a 2 star from App State who weighted 240 lbs. This kid has outperformed all my expectations.

Advertisement
But did you pay attention to what they said about the Stokes and Campbell picks? They couldn’t stop talking about their lack of development. Think about this way, how does a school get a CB that ran 4.3 flat at 6’2 190 with a 40 inch leap and somehow can’t turn that into a top 15 pick? It’s not like Eric Stokes was playing at Western Michigan...
Sure, I'm a GB fan, I thought it was a huge reach in the first. Again I hope TS balls, but the crown some of you guys are putting on his head already could end up being a bit premature, that's all I'm saying. I think he can be good, I do worry about his physical style (if allowed to play it) drawing PI flags.

Like I said earlier, if he is an ALL-ACC type CB I'm thrilled to death, let's see what he can do

Sure, I'm a GB fan, I thought it was a huge reach in the first. Again I hope TS balls, but the crown some of you guys are putting on his head already could end up being a bit premature, that's all I'm saying. I think he can be good, I do worry about his physical style (if allowed to play it) drawing PI flags.

Like I said earlier, if he is an ALL-ACC type CB I'm thrilled to death, let's see what he can do
I'll happily take good to very good from anyone at the corner position right now

A Dawg site, I had been on there off and on over the years. They didn't like his coverage, wanted him to play the STAR but it is a complex read system in their D. Now he was behind two NFL CBs (Stokes/Campbell) that just got drafted to the NFL so it's not like he was backing up scrubs, but he was not bale to beat them out.

I hope he balls here but I'll be honest, he looks more safety to me as well. If he excels here at CB I'm happy, I'm just not crowning him an All American like the fools here are, I gotta see it. The classic CIS fail is the early crowning of players/coaches then crying like little girls when they don't reach the potential the tards built them up to.

If he makes ALL-ACC CB I'm happy tbh.
He never got a shot , that’s the problem. They lied to him from his first day there, he started to leave after one year and they lied again. He balled out in the bowl and showed everyone what players already knew and they tried to lie again. He was done at that point.

Those dawg sites are the same sites I’ve been tea bagging ( Mansell) for two years with info. I know for a fact multiple wr’s thought he was easily the hardest cb to beat in man, along with other players who were confused by them moving TS around.

Reading a team site doesn’t mean you know **** , most of the team sites don’t know anything , they get their info late because it’s second and third hand info. They‘re fed what they allowed to eat. Just like ivins was. That’s not how i roll.

Advertisement
He never got a shot , that’s the problem. They lied to him from his first day there, he started to leave after one year and they lied again. He balled out in the bowl and showed everyone what players already knew and they tried to lie again. He was done at that point.

Those dawg sites are the same sites I’ve been tea bagging ( Mansell) for two years with info. I know for a fact multiple wr’s thought he was easily the hardest cb to beat in man, along with other players who were confused by them moving TS around.

Reading a team site doesn’t mean you know **** , most of the team sites don’t know anything , they get their info late because it’s second and third hand info. They‘re fed what they allowed to eat. Just like ivins was. That’s not how i roll.
Cool, I hope he balls, never said I didn't want him too or that he does not have the ability too.

If he can stay with WRs at that size without getting beat across the face or getting PIs called on the regular I am in. **** I put his median play as ALL-ACC CB (1st or 2nd team). I'm **** sure not down on him, BUT I also don't have him as an AA first round NFL pick like most on this board seem to already

I pulled these PFF #s from when he covered the slot (mainly the STAR in UGAs D):
"Tyrique Stevenson - 62.5 grade, 264 yds, 11 first downs & 1 TD on 28 targets"

Another write up:

"24. CB TYRIQUE STEVENSON, GEORGIAMIAMI (FL)

Stevenson was a highly coveted four-star recruit in the 2019 class, ranking 37th nationally and third among cornerbacks, according to 247Sports. He predominantly resided in the slot for his true freshman and sophomore seasons at Georgia and was subpar at-best. His slot coverage grade ranked 11th in the SEC among 23 qualifying defensive backs.
He will now return back home to South Beach, where he is expected to try his hand at outside corner. Stevenson actually started his final game as a Bulldog on the outside against Cincinnati in the Peach Bowl and produced so-so results. He made a nice pass breakup in zone coverage but then got exposed playing soft-shoe press technique, resulting in a 25-yard gain."

Now like you said they forced him into a position he was not comfortable and he still did decent enough by PFF #s (for what they are worth). Hopefully excels here as the Alpha-CB on the outside.

Last edited:
We desperately need DVD & T Rob to get it done
30 Rock Yes GIF by ADWEEK

Advertisement
I dont know whos smoking crack with this first round take, but no, hes not a first rounder. Go watch those Cam Harris highlights and you see little to no push, and only one TD that went off tackle to his side (was vs UNC and Zion was ugly on the play).

He is not strong. Maybe he can get stronger, but no, hes not leaving early, no, hes not a 2022 first round pick. I am so tired of this fanbase delusion. Can he build himself into a day 2 draft pick in 2 years? Yes, sure. But hes still green. Way WAY green.

I dont know whos smoking crack with this first round take, but no, hes not a first rounder. Go watch those Cam Harris highlights and you see little to no push, and only one TD that went off tackle to his side (was vs UNC and Zion was ugly on the play).

He is not strong. Maybe he can get stronger, but no, hes not leaving early, no, hes not a 2022 first round pick. I am so tired of this fanbase delusion. Can he build himself into a day 2 draft pick in 2 years? Yes, sure. But hes still green. Way WAY green.

Those nbcsports, foxsports and cbssports takes are really only worth the ink...err bytes, they're printed on. But just curious which service you're writing for, I'm guessing none, because you couldn't even bother to read the OP or 'this fanbase's subsequent comments - which are far from delusional IMO.

Advertisement

What fanbase delusion? The majority agrees with what you say, at least most of it.

Looks like he passed away today. 37 years old.
Yeah tragic. That post was the first time I thought about him in years. I was still a kid when he was at Hawaii with Nate Ilaoa and Davone Bess. That team was a blast and helped drive my interest in CFB. At the time I didn't know the difference between stats and traits so I thought Brennan was gonna be an NFL star.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back