Zamora injury

It's a huge loss, but imo the lineup is still as good as it was in 2016, with better starting pitching.

There's just no room for error now with injuries. We need our sp to live up to expectations and we can't take more injuries to the lineup. I think what this really changes are series like uf and Louisville where we play other top 8 teams

exactly. Hopefully the team fills the hole. I chosethis year to come to my first UF series.

Advertisement
Tough for Zamora and the squad, definitely puts a strain on depth and puts a speed bump in his career path. With that being said it’s an opportunity for another talented guy to step in and up. Yes, most likely some production will be sacrificed. However, there’s definitely some hidden runs which can be saved by more consistent, smart play in the field. Zamora is an incredible talent. But to kick your goals to the curb a day before the season starts over a player who has a long way to go to have the mental side of the game match his physical ability is foolish. This team WILL be fine and has enough to overcome such an injury. Godspeed to him on the healing vibes.

Advertisement
Toss up. Too many variables which are unknown at this point I’d say. Let’s enjoy this season, it’s going to be a good one and back to back years of Miami norms and expectations.

1B Toral / Lauck
2B Tuero / Pollak
SS Vilar / Paige
3B Gil / Valdez
C Del / Quiñones
DH Gates / Labrador
LF Lala / Moore
CF Jenkins / Crosbie
RF Rivera / Thomas

Advertisement
Yes it’s a loss, just not an insurmountable one. He regressed defensively last year and committed close to 20 errors, many of them avoidable. Find another top 10 team with a full time SS who’s hovering in the .880’s in fielding percentage and I’ll be shocked.

It may be the return of small ball to Coral Gables this year. Jenkins and Tuero are going to need to be great at situational hitting. Whoever does that best or whoever can lay one down to move a runner over should bat 2nd IMO.
Huh? The team hit 85 home runs last year. Losing Zamora's bat means 6 less home runs if his replacement doesn't hit any.

No small ball here. We need singles hitters to get on base so the power guys can put up crooked numbers.

Huh? The team hit 85 home runs last year. Losing Zamora's bat means 6 less home runs if his replacement doesn't hit any.

No small ball here. We need singles hitters to get on base so the power guys can put up crooked numbers.
I meant specifically for tuero and jenkins if they can't hit. We need those guys to advance runners and not get doubled up.

Yeah disagree with the small ball take. This squad minus Zamora will be putting up as many HR’s and extra base hits at the halfway point as some of our teams did in full seasons during the lean/underperforming years. Is this team better with Zamora? Yes. Did we lose Z. Collins, P. Burrell, or Y. Alonso? Absolutely not. Get a collective five all season from the subs and you’re halfway there, again hopefully with half the errors in the field which is completely plausible.

Advertisement
This is the type of loss that keeps you out of Omaha. No way around it. Maybe our best player in the eyes on MLB.
It’s a huge loss for this team this year but in my opinion he’s had way too much helium by all of the outlets, his production and history in no way screams protectable to me; I feel like it’s a bit of evidence that sites cannibalize each others’ analysis and reports. Last guy I can think of that was as highly touted with as much perceived volatility (not claiming to be an insider, I don’t know the kid) was Elijah Dukes, who was certainly a talent and made it to The Show at the end of the day. Regardless, thoroughly disappointed I won’t be proven wrong this year.

Yeah disagree with the small ball take. This squad minus Zamora will be putting up as many HR’s and extra base hits at the halfway point as some of our teams did in full seasons during the lean/underperforming years. Is this team better with Zamora? Yes. Did we lose Z. Collins, P. Burrell, or Y. Alonso? Absolutely not. Get a collective five all season from the subs and you’re halfway there, again hopefully with half the errors in the field which is completely plausible.

Why are people so caught up on home runs? Zamora had 59 hits, 31 walks, 13 stolen bases, and had a very low strikeout rate. To minimize the loss of his bat is absurd.

It’s a huge loss for this team this year but in my opinion he’s had way too much helium by all of the outlets, his production and history in no way screams protectable to me; I feel like it’s a bit of evidence that sites cannibalize each others’ analysis and reports. Last guy I can think of that was as highly touted with as much perceived volatility (not claiming to be an insider, I don’t know the kid) was Elijah Dukes, who was certainly a talent and made it to The Show at the end of the day. Regardless, thoroughly disappointed I won’t be proven wrong this year.
S/O to Elijah Dukes. He use to come back and work out with us at Hillsborough during the off season

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back