Zamir Wise commits to Rutgers

He's a jersey kid...otherwise I don't get it. Were we after him hard?

No. Like I tried to explain in spite of what was being wrote this kid was only being recruited as an athlete by us. We weren't on him hard at all. This is a logical choice for the kid. He's like a fifth option.

Are we still after that dude u called baby cam?

Absolutely. He put up seven total td last week. 5 passing 491 yards & 163 rushing & 2 tds. That was against the top team in his district...

I'm glad we're still on him. Any idea why the recruiting sites aren't big on him? Is it his level of competition? Or is he not going to camps or 7 on 7 events? I swear they treat camps like the nfl combine. Ignoring what goes on in actual games. They've become football's version of basketball's AAU. There's no justifiable reason for him to be ranked so low with his combination of size, speed & production. Just doesn't make sense

Advertisement

No. Like I tried to explain in spite of what was being wrote this kid was only being recruited as an athlete by us. We weren't on him hard at all. This is a logical choice for the kid. He's like a fifth option.

Absolutely. He put up seven total td last week. 5 passing 491 yards & 163 rushing & 2 tds. That was against the top team in his district...

Off topic but I watched some of the IMG vs Northwestern game. Brian balled out. Was that his best statistical game of the year?

Yes. In regards to what I'd assume is the natural progression of this topic being Zac vs artur I'm gonna stick with no comment. All I will say is that's the first time all year were been willing to consistently stretch the field.

I'm glad we're still on him. Any idea why the recruiting sites aren't big on him? Is it his level of competition? Or is he not going to camps or 7 on 7 events? I swear they treat camps like the nfl combine. Ignoring what goes on in actual games. They've become football's version of basketball's AAU. There's no justifiable reason for him to be ranked so low with his combination of size, speed & production. Just doesn't make sense

several contributing factors. One his family doesn't have an excess of money to spend on scouting etc. He does the bare minimum of camps. Although he's in a district where football comp is good,it's not heavily observed by people in the know. All that being said I believe it's a crime that he's not atleast a high four star. This kids potential is through the roof.

several contributing factors. One his family doesn't have an excess of money to spend on scouting etc. He does the bare minimum of camps. Although he's in a district where football comp is good,it's not heavily observed by people in the know. All that being said I believe it's a crime that he's not atleast a high four star. This kids potential is through the roof.

That makes sense. I wonder why the staff hasn't offered. Or have they & he just hasn't committed yet? I hate the obsession with camps & 7 on 7. They used to be a good way for under the radar guys to get noticed. But now, a lot of them are nothing more than a way to pay for a name to get out or a boost in rankings. If a guy comes out of a camp getting great reviews, he'll end up getting a lot of attention. I read about a kid from one of the states with a spread out population (Montana, or the Dakotas) who went to like.. 20-30 camps, in an attempt to get a D1 offer. Most people can't afford to do that.

Advertisement

That makes sense. I wonder why the staff hasn't offered. Or have they & he just hasn't committed yet? I hate the obsession with camps & 7 on 7. They used to be a good way for under the radar guys to get noticed. But now, a lot of them are nothing more than a way to pay for a name to get out or a boost in rankings. If a guy comes out of a camp getting great reviews, he'll end up getting a lot of attention. I read about a kid from one of the states with a spread out population (Montana, or the Dakotas) who went to like.. 20-30 camps, in an attempt to get a D1 offer. Most people can't afford to do that.

I can think of a current commit we have who 100% did the exact thing not only to get his offer but to build his name & profile up. Like I tell nephew, your game needs to be what speaks for itself. Far as tai goes we treat him like a commit. He gets tons of face time with the staff. We talk to him several times weekly. Him & Jon are real close. As a result of that we've told him please be patient with us. We're trying to work out the room and see what well actually have in place next year. We're expecting slight changes in the room leading into next season. Once we establish that he'll have his offer. He's shown is plenty & we wanna see how his physical stature continues to progress.

Advertisement
Back