Zach Smith Insight On Martell

Despite my efforts to promote gamesmanship and keep the gators guessing. I think it happens roughly 3-4 week's before 8/24th

And that's simply based off the fact Enos Said he'd Taylor make the offense for qb1 and that takes a little time.

30 days-ish away....

Advertisement
After going back and looking at the highlights from last Nkosi can be special with the right coaching. His accuracy can drift but that can probably be fixed. He can throw the deep ball and he can run if things break down. Williams is the wildcard because we haven't seen him.

Lets hypothesize: Back it up a bit. Make the field level.

Tate vs Perry in HS which team wins?

Tate vs Williams in HS which team wins?

Its about the team. The whole team. Stop isolating it to just QB attributes. Williams or Perry don't know how to lead an elite squad. They are not built for this. We need a leader. PERIOD!

BAND!

People are throwing Heisman names around here.

I have said this before, I will take a Trace McSorley type at this point.
A guy with moxie who can make some plays here and there with his arm and legs and wins us a Conference Championship.
Agree. People act like u need an all pro NFL arm to win in CFB. McSorley is a proven winner and guys like Nick Marshall lead his team to a national championship. Both played for teams with the same level of talent around them as Miami. We won 10 games with Malik Rosier at QB and a less talented team.

The people who think Jarren or Kosi will win don't have anything to knock Tate for so they take his passing ability and run with it.

Despite my efforts to promote gamesmanship and keep the gators guessing. I think it happens roughly 3-4 week's before 8/24th

And that's simply based off the fact Enos Said he'd Taylor make the offense for qb1 and that takes a little time.

From your view do you see this as a Perry/Martell race?

Could Williams legitimately be QB1 for Gators tilt?

Advertisement
Lets hypothesize: Back it up a bit. Make the field level.

Tate vs Perry in HS which team wins?

Tate vs Williams in HS which team wins?

Its about the team. The whole team. Stop isolating it to just QB attributes. Williams or Perry don't know how to lead an elite squad. They are not built for this. We need a leader. PERIOD!

This is incredibly stupid for too many reasons to state. I will just say this: I could careless what either QB did at HS. Why? Simple answer: Neither is in HS anymore.

Did we miss something? Did Tate transfer in from OSU after starting for a year or two? if not, what in the **** does Tate know about leading an elite COLLEGE Squad?

Let it play out. I do know this: Arm talent matters to Enos.

I stand corrected, 2x national champion. Oh and Gatorade player of the year

Who cares? That was High School. If it was that simple,Tate wouldn't have jumped ship at OSU. Tate has to earn it like everyone else. What he, or any other QB, did in HS doesn't mean Jack Sh*t!

Advertisement
Who cares? That was High School. If it was that simple,Tate wouldn't have jumped ship at OSU. Tate has to earn it like everyone else. What he, or any other QB, did in HS doesn't mean Jack Sh*t!
The qualities a QB or any position for that matter has is not deminished because they played in high school LOL. Skills are skills.

QB1? Wasn’t Tate on that show?

So the offense is made for him. Got it.

Fool, if it was that easy, every five star would be successful at the Collegiate level. That doesn't happen. Nap Time.
No one is saying that high school doesn't have a lower competition level than college but certain skills, are maintained and mostly improved after shown at the high school level. If a player has an elite burst, they still have it in college. If a DE has an elite first step/get off, they still have it. Those skills don't disappear because the competition gets better, how those players develop as a whole, varies due to many factors. Tate's development is still ongoing.

Advertisement
People love the unknown. We've seen Kosi play and people who are vehemently rooting against him specifically are falsely attributing last season with a bad offense to next year with a more dynamic offense.

They're all going to bring something special to the table, it's going to come down to fit within the system. Not arm strength, accuracy, how hot Tate's girl is. The best QB within the Enos style will win.

JW pro: best passer
JW con: immaturity
NP pro: best arm
NP con: slowest processer
TM pro: best playmaker
TM con: may be schematically limited

All JMO....thoughts?
I think calling perry the slowest processor is unfair. He never really ran an offense and probably benefitted the most from the enos hire.

Advertisement

All JMO....thoughts?

Agreed.

Perry and jarren both have poor pocket awareness. Jarren is able to scan the field better but has a weak arm. Perry is pretty much the opposite. Looking for those two to make big strides in the mental side under enos.

For tate, all it comes down to is if his game will translate to the collegiate level.

All JMO....thoughts?
honestly i feel like we don't even know that about jarren. we don't know much of anything about him, really. there's been so much info coming out about tate and kosi and so little about jarren that it almost feels like a 2 man race, but for all i know he could come out of nowhere to win the job.

I think calling perry the slowest processor is unfair. He never really ran an offense and probably benefitted the most from the enos hire.
I agree he will benefit the most from the Enos hire. From the very small sample size we’ve seen from the 3, he does appear to have the most room for improvement in reading defenses. This is what stands out to me as his biggest weakness at this point. Could very well be proven wrong in 6 weeks

Agreed.

Perry and jarren both have poor pocket awareness. Jarren is able to scan the field better but has a weak arm. Perry is pretty much the opposite. Looking for those two to make big strides in the mental side under enos.

For tate, all it comes down to is if his game will translate to the collegiate level.
I’ve always been a NP fan but if Tate can hit his collegiate ceiling we’re competing with Clemson for the ACC this year

Advertisement
Back