Zach Smith Insight On Martell

Advertisement
You played yourself the second that you asked the question whether or not Berlin had gone 45-0 as a starter without taking 30 seconds to perform a cursory Google search which would've quickly revealed that he did in fact, go 45-0 as a starter in high school. Everything after that is you trying to salvage a little bit of your wounded pride. To make it worse, you insist on trying to continue to defend Tate's high school record when such a defense is completely unnecessary because there isn't anyone saying that he didn't have one of the best high school records ever. He did. That is clear and there is no argument that he did not beat everyone he played against. Sure his local competition was virtually nonexistent but his national competition was not and that means a ton. The second way you play yourself is your dismissive attitude towards Louisiana High School Football. You don't have a leg to stand on there and your "analysis" on the topic is a joke.

So...now what are u crying about now? First u argued Tate and Brock have similar HS careers and I smashed that.

Now you're crying because I hurt your feelings about the truth of Louisiana HS football and the rest of the nation?

Lets argue about best ice cream flavors. That seems to be what your emotional level can handle.

Tate Martell best attributes is running the football, which can easily be taken away by a competent defensive coordinator. I prefer an athletic quarterback as opposed to a running quarterback. And athletic quarterback is still a throwing quarterback. Dorsey was very athletic. He wasn't a running quarterback but he had the athleticism to pick up yards with his feet. Also, Ken Dorsey was also one of the best basketball players on the team. He used to hold Court.

Look at the quarterbacks that Danny Enos has recruited thus far. They are all big guys with good arms. That should tell you that he values quarterbacks with ARM Talent as opposed to the Martell type. I think he likes a athletic quarterback. Athletic enough to pick up yards here and ther with his feet and extend passing plays.
You are the second person in as many days that has mentioned the type of QB's that Enos is recruiting, and for that matter, has recruited in the past. It's actually a solid point. They all are very similar in size, skill, and style. I think the way an OC, and in this case, OC/QB coach, recruits QB's, paints a picture as to the type of offense he prefers to run. Machota, Proctor, and Van Dyke are all 6-4 pro-style or pass first QB's, who are all athletic. Garcia is only 6-2, but he still fits the bill as a big and Athletic pro-style QB.

Williams and Perry fits the bill regarding the type of QB's that Enos currently recruits and has recruited in the past. Tate is the complete opposite of the type of QB's he typically recruits. That's not a knock on Tate, that is just the truth. However, the good news is Enos has stated time and time again that he is willing to cater his offense towards whoever wins the job.

4 of the 5 QB's that are currently on our roster will work under the same offensive scheme because they are very similar in skill. Martell will require a completely different offensive scheme than the other 4. In my mind, the question becomes, do you build an offensive philosophy and offensive identity that mirrors what you are known for and what you have excelled at as an OC, or do you change your approach for the "specialty" QB that is on the roster? Either way, I trust Enos. It is going to be interesting to see which direction he decides to take.

By the way, don't think I've forgotten for a second you were one of the biggest Jeff Thomas haters when he left the program. Go bury your face now. Ill see u at the end of the season when we win the ACC...

Remember all you want. Load your VCR and watch my replays.

I stand by every comment/observation I made about JT.

His mental makeup is that of a quitter when things don't go his way. Facts support that beyond question.

I hope he scores 1000 TDs this season. Good for Miami.

Doesn't change the fact that his behaviors to date show an alarming mental weakness.

Advertisement
Each team he played against at OSU, yes it was mop up duty but the only sample size available and he ran the offense like a machine. He also gave OSU scout team fits

Ok. A Greentree AA until proven otherwise.

We all want the young man to do great things at Miami.

Fact...he hasn't QB'd a SINGLE college level football contest, from start to finish, of any consequence.

Or at all for that matter.

I'm not pro/anti Perry, but at least he has.

So...now what are u crying about now? First u argued Tate and Brock have similar HS careers and I smashed that.

Now you're crying because I hurt your feelings about the truth of Louisiana HS football and the rest of the nation?

Lets argue about best ice cream flavors. That seems to be what your emotional level can handle.
OK. So in your world 45-0 is not similar to 45-0 and Louisiana HS Football is garbage. Got it Sport.

Advertisement
You are the second person in as many days that has mentioned the type of QB's that Enos is recruiting, and for that matter, has recruited in the past. It's actually a solid point. They all are very similar in size, skill, and style. I think the way an OC, and in this case, OC/QB coach, recruits QB's, paints a picture as to the type of offense he prefers to run. Machota, Proctor, and Van Dyke are all 6-4 pro-style or pass first QB's, who are all athletic. Garcia is only 6-2, but he still fits the bill as a big and Athletic pro-style QB.

Williams and Perry fits the bill regarding the type of QB's that Enos currently recruits and has recruited in the past. Tate is the complete opposite of the type of QB's he typically recruits. That's not a knock on Tate, that is just the truth. However, the good news is Enos has stated time and time again that he is willing to cater his offense towards whoever wins the job.

4 of the 5 QB's that are currently on our roster will work under the same offensive scheme because they are very similar in skill. Martell will require a completely different offensive scheme than the other 4. In my mind, the question becomes, do you build an offensive philosophy and offensive identity that mirrors what you are known for and what you have excelled at as an OC, or do you change your approach for the "specialty" QB that is on the roster? Either way, I trust Enos. It is going to be interesting to see which direction he decides to take.

I do not have a problem with Tate Martell. In addition, I am not blinded by his high school achievements. In order for Tate Martell to start for Dan Enos, he is going to have display a better command of his ball. He throws a poor spiral. There are times when the ball comes out end over end like a punt. Dan Enos is the type of offensive coordinator that we have been praying for. Dan Enos will take offense with any quarterback that doesn't execute his offense. In addition, Dan Enos will not allow any quarterback to limit his offense. So, Tate Martell needs to step up big-time in the passing game in order to start for Dan Enos.

Ok. A Greentree AA until proven otherwise.

We all want the young man to do great things at Miami.

Fact...he hasn't QB'd a SINGLE college level football contest, from start to finish, of any consequence.

Or at all for that matter.

I'm not pro/anti Perry, but at least he has.
Ok and what Martell showed was far better but I admit Nkosi could look completely different without being in a Richt offense.

Remember all you want. Load your VCR and watch my replays.

I stand by every comment/observation I made about JT.

His mental makeup is that of a quitter when things don't go his way. Facts support that beyond question.

I hope he scores 1000 TDs this season. Good for Miami.

Doesn't change the fact that his behaviors to date show an alarming mental weakness.

No excuses but the kid does come from a fcked up neighborhood and is a father. Lots of stress. He was MVP at the Under Armour game out of high school. He was a highlight reel as a freshmen and sophomore despite the trash QB and trash Offense.

Are you attacking him as a person or the football player? Unless you know Jeff personally, shut da ***** up. You can't talk shiit about his fb skills especially when you don't have any. You can't wish him and the team great luck and take a shiit on him at the same time. Fckn goof. Enjoy his Jr season and cheer hard for him and the rest of the boys. Dummy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I do not have a problem with Tate Martell. In addition, I am not blinded by his high school achievements. In order for Tate Martell to start for Dan Enos, he is going to have display a better command of his ball. He throws a poor spiral. There are times when the ball comes out end over end like a punt. Dan Enos is the type of offensive coordinator that we have been praying for. Dan Enos will take offense with any quarterback that doesn't execute his offense. In addition, Dan Enos will not allow any quarterback to limit his offense. So, Tate Martell needs to step up big-time in the passing game in order to start for Dan Enos.
I hope no one has a problem with Martell. If they do, they are not Miami fans. We will see come fall how well he has progressed in the passing game and how well the other QB's have progressed overall. We're less than a month away from the beginning of fall camp! Exciting times lie ahead.

No, he played a top 10 national schedule. He may have played Nevada teams but it's not the same set up where most schools only play in their district of their region.
Which is exactly what I've said in the posts I've made. I've acknowledged the fact that he played against some of the best teams in the nation but that his local schedule is trash. This is what I mean about reading being a skill. See.......if you read the entirety of a post and not just what you want to see, you get a more complete picture of the points that the post is actually trying to convey.

Advertisement
Back