Zach Smith Insight On Martell

Advertisement
It's going to be an interesting battle. I don't know how it plays out if either N'Kosi or Jarren is the better more effective passer than Martell, but Martell ads some dynamic run capability. I think N'Kosi has run capability when a passing play breaks down, but I would call designed runs for Perry with his small frame (tall and lean).
I think N'kosi needs to put on some weight. I mean good weight.

Advertisement
By far the most entertaining thread of the site. Keep it up, boys!

Advertisement
Walsh had a better than average arm...it was better than Torrettas.....

Torretta’s arm was not bad...what he did do that was unique to him was the arc of his longball...he’d throw up some rainbows that would drop straight down into Lamar Thomas hands...lol..Lamar would almost have to look straight up to find the ball

im a jarren guy

Cool. I like the kid too. But I need that guy that is going stare into the Clemson, Alabama, Georgia defense with "Fck U" eyes...Jarren and Kosi don't have those eyes...it's in the eyes man...start analyzing their fcking eyes...

I think we see more than one QB get a lot of playing time. And opposing teams will have to prepare differently for N'kosi/Jarren than for Tate. This will create more uncertainty and more anxiety for opposing defensive coordinators. I would love it if opposing teams had no idea which QB we would open with and who would play the most. It goes against conventional wisdom to platoon QBs but it would be interesting to try and see if we could make it work.

No offense...

But I hope not.

Miami needs an athlete to come in and alpha the QB position.

B!tches look at me...we are taking this ball 99 yds for a score. Do your jobs!

Torretta’s arm was not bad...what he did do that was unique to him was the arc of his longball...he’d throw up some rainbows that would drop straight down into Lamar Thomas hands...lol..Lamar would almost have to look straight up to find the ball

That throw as he was getting hit against FSU in the OB is legendary.

Advertisement
Tate is eerily similar to Berlin....Berlin had a better Arm...Tate has better wheels...both have/had problems under center....
Both came into the program with MASSIVE high school reputations. Berlin's Evangel Christian teams were very comparable to the Bishop Gorman teams that Martell played for and both were mainstays of USA Today's rankings. The similarities in this area are striking. Both are born leaders and have a confidence borne of big time success. I don't however, see a ton of similarities in the way they play the game. Berlin came in more polished as a passer but is not in Martell's league as an athlete nor is he nearly as impulsive/creative. Martell has a ton more Swag IMHO though that may be a double edged sword or the impetus towards greatness for this team. So much remains to be seen, like EVERYTHING. ****, he hasn't even won the position yet.

Cannot begin to compare this years team to the talent surrounding Dorsey

Its like arguing with a woman. This. That. Whatever. Dorsey led his fcking team for 3 years. It all starts with the QB then everyone else eats. Everyone has talent on their team. The QB needs to be able to manage his dawgs.

Advertisement
Both came into the program with MASSIVE high school reputations. Berlin's Evangel Christian teams were very comparable to the Bishop Gorman teams that Martell played for and both were mainstays of USA Today's rankings. The similarities in this area are striking. Both are born leaders and have a confidence borne of big time success. I don't however, see a ton of similarities in the way they play the game. Berlin came in more polished as a passer but is not in Martell's league as an athlete nor is he nearly as impulsive/creative. Martell has a ton more Swag IMHO though that may be a double edged sword or the impetus towards greatness for this team. So much remains to be seen, like EVERYTHING. ****, he hasn't even won the position yet.
Berlin was 5-0 against FSU & UF....if Martell or whoever else can match that...I will be elated...

Did Berlin go 45-0 and play national powers in HS?

Did Berlin go 45-0 and play national powers in HS?

Brock Berlin started 45 games as quarterback for the Evangel Eagles in their powerhouse days, passing for nearly 12,000 yards and 129 touchdowns. And he never left the field as a loser. 45 starts, 45 victories, topped off in 1999 by a third state championship.
So yes on the first part. National scheduling back then was not what it was today but he's from Louisiana. It was not slouch competition by any stretch.

This may have already been mentioned, but I've always thought of Martell in the Johnny Manziel light. Tate, like Manziel, can flourish in a less structured offense, but that type of player drives coaches crazy. Judging by the types of QBs Enos is currently pursuing (TVD and Garcia), it doesn't seem to me that Tate fits into what he likes. It all depends on how willing Enos is to tailoring his offense to Tate. Based on no information whatsoever, I think Enos would prefer not to have to change up his offense and would like Williams to win the job. Jmo.

Advertisement
Back