Zach Smith Insight On Martell

That's the part i'm getting at! 60 yards isn't that far. John beck threw 70 yard dart in college. There just isn't film out there of Tate throwing deep balls that aren't lobs up. Any HS QB could probably throw 60 yard ball. Will it be pretty, no. Will it be accurate **** no. Do i think Tates arm is better than that of course i do but we can not watch film and pretend that he has this arm that just hasn't been unleashed because, well if he did, fields would probably be at another school.

So Martell is expendable but Fields is a stud? Martell will throw some deep to JT, and as long as he can lead him I am fine. Many of the plays that killed us with Rosier were short and mid level passes. If 9oh4 is correct with throwing ropes, we are in good shape if (and it is a big if) Martell can get the pass to the spot on time. Rosier was late due to mechanics and it hurt us repeatedly.

Little things make and break games. I look for Martell to do the little things, Rosier and to some effect Perry could not do. If he can do it we should be happy next season.

I will say have have seen many strong armed QB's do nothing in their careers, but I remember a guy named Dorsey that was said to have a weak arm. Also, I think a guy named Walsh. How would you like to have them back?

Advertisement
His footwork is extremely elite. Lol, I know I defend him a lot but I really don't know what y'all are seeing, or rather not seeing, if you've watched his film. Refer to Roman's break down, he said "quick" so many times, he actually counted.
Let’s bring the pros in on this @Lance Roffers @LuCane ane @DMoney what y’all think about tates footwork?

Let’s bring the pros in on this @Lance Roffers @LuCane ane @DMoney what y’all think about tates footwork?
Sarcasm? Don't think anyone has said Martell has anything but lightning quick feet. However, a blind nun could see, when coming from under center in the first spring game, his footwork was all over the place. Someone wants to actually dispute that he was way off balance?

i agree (well martell is 21-22 but point still stands). im jut saying, d rev and others (including myself killed perry last year for his maturity or lack thereof (which he admitted)), every QB should be held to the same. i also do think that when you sign up to be a college QB at a major D1 team, youre "college" life is over. its a job and it sucks bc they dont get to live a normal student life, but theyre there for a diff reason than we were

I stuck up for perry all last season for being "immature". I will do the same for tate.

Sarcasm? Don't think anyone has said Martell has anything but lightning quick feet. However, a blind nun could see, when coming from under center in the first spring game, his footwork was all over the place. Someone wants to actually dispute that he was way off balance?
What about by the last spring game?

Advertisement
He looked better than the first spring game, as everyone has noted. Not you necessarily because I have no idea your stance, but these agenda-driven views are really odd. QB competitions bring out the deep emotions in some fans, I guess. Who cares who wins? The team needs to win.
No agenda here. Don't know about the other guys. I thought from what I saw at the Orlando scrimmage that Tate's footwork looked good and he was the best QB that day as well. Only one to move the ball against the 1st team D.

No agenda here. Don't know about the other guys. I thought from what I saw at the Orlando scrimmage that Tate's footwork looked good and he was the best QB that day as well. Only one to move the ball against the 1st team D.
Hope he continues to clean up those steps and throws darts all Fall. Because in that case, even if he gets beaten out, we're likely going to have a ton of fun in Orlando against that disgusting program.

Advertisement
True. That's why I'll just hang back, share what I saw, and what will be, will be.
Is there a thread with your thoughts after the spring? I wasn't coming around CiS at the time, but I'm trying to catch up on reading everything I can right now and watching all I can from the spring.

He looked better than the first spring game, as everyone has noted. Not you necessarily because I have no idea your stance, but these agenda-driven views are really odd. QB competitions bring out the deep emotions in some fans, I guess. Who cares who wins? The team needs to win.

The problem is, there are people here that are absolutely convinced that Tate is some kind of savior. They believe it with a religious fervor much like the most devout and devoted cult members.

Yet this belief is based on very little evidence of production in college. Garbage time against Rutgers, and one other team in garbage time. And that’s it.

The spring game performance has been described anywhere from below average to just OK. I think myself it was acceptable, the last game anyway.

I’m not saying he has a weak or a noodle arm like some people, because I just don’t know I’ll have to see him throw more, but I’ve seen very few throws where I’ve said to myself “boy that guy has a cannon or even a laser”. He just hasn’t had that many opportunities.

The point is we really don’t know if he can actually read a defense in college, make quick decisions, and get the ball where it needs to be on time.

I don’t know about any three of the QB candidates. And I don’t know how anybody else can either. So why is it that people are just so fervently invested in one guy?.

Advertisement
Is there a thread with your thoughts after the spring? I wasn't coming around CiS at the time, but I'm trying to catch up on reading everything I can right now and watching all I can from the spring.
Had a thread after the 1st spring game. Don't remember what I wrote, if anything, after final spring game.

you don't live in miami so you dont listen to the local sports talk. he brought it up multiple times bc i think tate went at some trolls about his girl or some nonsense. anyways, you bring up nonsense about perry starting w a nothing to be seen here quote from the strength coach and him posting a snap of him in ocala. you're so full of **** on this lol. people kill perry for this stuff so they should rightfully kill tate for the same.
Like I said, that was the second time u tried to bring attention to his Insta. No one cared the first time so u thought you'd give it another try. And guess what? No one cares still. IG are people's brands now. His girl is an Insta model that probably makes 100K just to post sh*t. It's her job. Unless he posts a *** tape... He's not the "new perry".

1. U should probably learn the difference between snapchat and instagram. 2. I posted his story bc I knew gullible people like u would take it serious. Obviously, it worked.

Advertisement
Like I said, that was the second time u tried to bring attention to his Insta. No one cared the first time so u thought you'd give it another try. And guess what? No one cares still. IG are people's brands now. His girl is an Insta model that probably makes 100K just to post sh*t. It's her job. Unless he posts a *** tape... He's not the "new perry".

1. U should probably learn the difference between snapchat and instagram. 2. I posted his story bc I knew gullible people like u would take it serious. Obviously, it worked.

i dont have IG so i literally just heard about the pics and story when romberg talked about it so it isnt the second time. also, u can say what u want about gullible people falling for it but you've been on here since day 1 w an agenda against every QB not named Tate so its a poor attempt at a troll considering your very obvious bias

Pick whoever you want in this competition...but I've chosen my side...this is my quarterback.

The man conquers thirst traps.

Advertisement
Back