Zach Mccloud picked by CBS to be 1 of 15 breakout players

Screenshot_20170815-144904.jpg

Miami sophomore linebackerZach McCloudcould be in store of a big season.

At least that's what CBS Sports' Ben Kercheval thinks.

Kercheval named McCloud one of college football's15 potential breakout stars for the upcoming seasonon Tuesday.

Per Kercheval: "I am literally more excited about Miami's defensive front seven than I am about any other unit on any other team in college football. It has depth, talent and its best days are still ahead of it.Inside the Unoted that McCloud was one of the most improved players in the offseason after finishing with 37 tackles and 3.5 tackles for loss as a freshman. The Hurricanes have a trio of great sophomore linebackers who made an impact last year. Of those three, McCloud could be in for the biggest jump in Year 2."

McCloud recent told reporters that he's 'way more comfortable' in Manny Diaz's defense now that he has a year ofexperience under his belt.

“I know the calls now and I know the ins-and-outs of the position. I feel much better than I did last year. I feel like I have been around.

Last edited:
Advertisement
My dude.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/11/The-Wire-****-Clay-Davis.gif

Good to see some Canes love on CBS.

Also, On CBS Sports Network's Inside College Football Brian Jones picked the Canes as a surprise team that can compete for the Playoffs.

Advertisement
View attachment 48678

Miami sophomore linebackerZach McCloudcould be in store of a big season.

At least that's what CBS Sports' Ben Kercheval thinks.

Kercheval named McCloud one of college football's15 potential breakout stars for the upcoming seasonon Tuesday.

Per Kercheval: "I am literally more excited about Miami's defensive front seven than I am about any other unit on any other team in college football. It has depth, talent and its best days are still ahead of it.Inside the Unoted that McCloud was one of the most improved players in the offseason after finishing with 37 tackles and 3.5 tackles for loss as a freshman. The Hurricanes have a trio of great sophomore linebackers who made an impact last year. Of those three, McCloud could be in for the biggest jump in Year 2."

McCloud recent told reporters that he's 'way more comfortable' in Manny Diaz's defense now that he has a year ofexperience under his belt.

“I know the calls now and I know the ins-and-outs of the position. I feel much better than I did last year. I feel like I have been around.

Thats my defensive MVP this year, I mean its most likely someone from the DL but this kid will make a huge jump. Yall saw WVU last season this kid was just getting it together too while injured.

It's scary to think that the defense was pretty good last year with 3 true freshmen starting at linebacker. They had some misreads and were out of position at times which lead to some big plays. With another year under their belt, those mistakes should be limited and they could be really nasty this year. I'm excited!

Advertisement
It's crazy how we have transformed our talent level since the 2015 season. Just had 9 guys drafted this year and loaded with studs and future draft picks on both sides of the ball. Richt got the ball rolling right now

I'm freaking pumped for this season! This defense is going to hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
It's starting. It what every coach in America knew was possible. If one is real about it we have a unique Brand, location and the richest recruiting areas.

But but rivals said he was a 3 star, 54th at his position and not nationally ranked. Good job boys . He will be a high draft pick. I'm glad our staff doesn't go by stars like some of our previous staphs did

Advertisement
But but rivals said he was a 3 star, 54th at his position and not nationally ranked. Good job boys . He will be a high draft pick. I'm glad our staff doesn't go by stars like some of our previous staphs did

Was he committed to Golden?

Miami’s 2016 class is the consensus top class in the country right now with a little less than a year to go until those prospects can actually sign with the Canes. At the heart of the class is linebacker Michael Pinckney (6-1, 220), who has been committed to Miami since June 21st, 2014.

Advertisement
Back