Zach, Mack and Gak

hotshot

Sophomore
Unimpressive tonight.

- Gak had nice form on that 3 pointer he tried. Maybe that's his game -- it sure isn't inside.

- Mack -- Injured? If not, don't see why we bothered.

- Zach -- I voted in our poll for Zach as the main difference make this season between our making the NCAAT and not. Hoping it's just a matter of "settling in." We need alot from Mr. Johnson. Maybe he was thrown off his game by buddy Dewan's situation.

Advertisement
I didn't think Gak was that bad on defense when he played. I also think his FIRST GAME (tonight) was better than anything we've seen from Miller.

I didn't think Gak was that bad on defense when he played. I also think his FIRST GAME (tonight) was better than anything we've seen from Miller.
No question! He competed hard. I do look for him to improve. Hopefully, he's drinking multiple milkshakes everyday and eating double portions at the training table. If Hernandez is out awhile, that's a chance for Gak to get a nice portion of his minutes.

Definitely was a bad game for Zach, seemed like he had **** of turnovers

Advertisement
We knew Gak needs to build some strength and put on a ton of weight. He played solid on d and needs to stay out of foul trouble. Hopefully he could give us a few points a game. I think Johnson will have better games. He’s def got good size and is athletic. Mack was brutal every shot of his was ugly.

Zach will be fine, just needs a little time to gel - also sucks that his boy wasn't on the floor with him.

Mack doesn’t look like he belongs on an ACC team.

Zach was just off maybe gitters.

He will be better moving forward.

I was impressed with GAk he has really good coordination and athletic ability for a big man. He isn’t going to be a scorer yet, but he can defend and alter shots and grab boards.

I'm surprised Zach hasn't hit the ground running. This is a player who has played (very well) in the NCAAT and logged a lot of D-1 court time against good opposition (much better than Lehigh). He looked like a frosh last night.

Advertisement
I was encourage by Gak actually. Definite contributor defensively and on the boards. It also looked like he has athleticism that can be helpful on the offensive end eventually. I don't know if he's really going to be taking a three every game, but he also had one play where he put the ball on the floor and drove to the basket. He missed both - so maybe I should stop right there. But he looked pretty fluid on both plays, which gives me cause for optimism. Definitely an upgrade over Miller as a backup big.

I still believe Johnson will be fine. He's a proven D1 scorer. Turnovers were a problem, but I'm not worried about his scoring.

Mack didn't do anything to make me think he'll be a regular in the rotation. But we've seen so little that it's hard to make a final judgment on that.

The season hinges on Hernandez being eligible to play. Without him, our ACC season will be a long one.

Gak will be a player here. Just doesn't understand the nuances of the game yet. He has ability, watched him 3 years ago and he has a better skillset than people think.

Gak was 0 for 2 on FT; not what we need there ofc; hopefully just a jitters thing.

Advertisement
Gak looked ok under the basket on D but is going to get pushed around in conference play until he gains more weight.

Zach made several bad decisions, hopefully that will improve.

Mack looked a bit like DJ in his first year here, lost.

Gak looked ok under the basket on D but is going to get pushed around in conference play until he gains more weight.

Zach made several bad decisions, hopefully that will improve.

Mack looked a bit like DJ in his first year here, lost.
He won't be a star or anything but I don't think he will hurt us either. Think he will contribute eventually. Should have seen him when I did he has to have put on 30-35 lbs at least since 3 years ago. With the weight he doesn't look near as athletic as he used to though. Think somebody else said it, he already looks better than Miller.

Advertisement
Unimpressive tonight.

- Gak had nice form on that 3 pointer he tried. Maybe that's his game -- it sure isn't inside.

- Mack -- Injured? If not, don't see why we bothered.

- Zach -- I voted in our poll for Zach as the main difference make this season between our making the NCAAT and not. Hoping it's just a matter of "settling in." We need alot from Mr. Johnson. Maybe he was thrown off his game by buddy Dewan's situation.

It was our opening game...geez

Advertisement
Back