Z’s prospect watch: TX QB Hampton Fay

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
Here we’re taking a look at what I think is a hidden gem in Hampton Fay. He’s hidden and not really known probably because he only played 3 games due to injury last year but he still lit it up with 10 TD’s and a 70% completion percentage. Big kid as you can see on tape(247 has him at 6’5 210) and really good athleticism. Quick release and I believe that his arm has a lot of room to grow and he already throws a good ball. Has a 60 yard run(I think it’s 60) on his tape showing position versatility.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Impressive athleticism for a guy that tall. I wonder if Lashlee knows about him being he’s from Texas???

He's a big kid with good physical skills/ability. Good release. Strong arm. Good athleticism. It takes him a while to scan the field and he rides his first read too long sometimes but those things are coachable. If we're taking two QBs then yeah he' definitely a take as someone with tremendous upside we can develop.

Advertisement

And an interview. Bright kid:

The other thing I note is that Iowa is interested. I know Iowa QBs don't get a ton of buzz, or play in an overly friendly passing system, but their QB coach (O'Keefe) has an eye for guys that can play and who have upside. Iowa fairly regularly has a QB in the NFL, even if he is a backup.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kid looks great. Those slant routes down near the end zone were some sick throws. This kid is going to blow up, between his injury and this virus this kid is definitely going under the radar.

Kid looks good. He may knot have a senior season with this carowner virus situation.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back