Z’s Prospect Watch: NC LB/RB Jordan Poole

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
So I’m doing LB’s now and 247 beat me to the bump for this kid. He was originally like the 635th(don’t quote me but he was in this range) best player in the country and jumped a ton of spots into the top 75 in 247’s rankings. This is a potential bump as an athlete and not based on skill. He has the frame and weight right now to be a backer and he’s comfortable in coverage but that’s because he would be transitioning from safety. He can play RB here tomorrow and is probably more talented of a back than Thad but LB will probably be his home. Offer for me and a priority for me as well. Perfect Mike back for us.

Advertisement
So I’m doing LB’s now and 247 beat me to the bump for this kid. He was originally like the 635th(don’t quote me but he was in this range) best player in the country and jumped a ton of spots into the top 75 in 247’s rankings. This is a potential bump as an athlete and not based on skill. He has the frame and weight right now to be a backer and he’s comfortable in coverage but that’s because he would be transitioning from safety. He can play RB here tomorrow and is probably more talented of a back than Thad but LB will probably be his home. Offer for me and a priority for me as well. Perfect Mike back for us.

Haven't watched the film yet, but that is a pretty sick day of testing for a 16 year old kid still in his sophomore year of HS. Very curious what those measurables would have looked like if The Opening regionals hadn't been cancelled this year.

Edit: Watched the highlight. Some of that competition seems suspect, but you can just tell he's usually the most athletic guy on the field. He seems to invite the contact, too. I like the idea of moving that sort of speed and athleticism down to LB. A lot of those highlights he was thumping and looking to put a shoulder into a guy instead of driving and wrapping up, but that can be coached up (not sure by who on our staff, but hopefully somebody). Looks like a high upside prospect at LB.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Haven't watched the film yet, but that is a pretty sick day of testing for a 16 year old kid still in his sophomore year of HS. Very curious what those measurables would have looked like if The Opening regionals hadn't been cancelled this year.
From a LB standpoint be prepared to be underwhelmed. Unless you’re recruiting him for RB(which you could make a case for) then he’s just size, athleticism, and a crap ton of potential.

From a LB standpoint be prepared to be underwhelmed. Unless you’re recruiting him for RB(which you could make a case for) then he’s just size, athleticism, and a crap ton of potential.

No, I get it. Just edited to add some commentary. Kid doesn't display much form tackling, and you just don't get to see much diagnosing. But his athletic traits and the way LBs are expected to play these days (having to drop back into coverage more), still makes him a high upside guy. It also looks like his coaches put him back at safety because he's their best athlete and they trust him to keep people from getting behind the defense.

I just want to be clear on something. I like Troutman and I think he can be a productive player but not expanding the board and offering this kid would be a mistake. Ivins has said that they are aware of him BUT they might just choose to take Troutman instead of actually seeing if this kid has any interest. @RVACane this is what I’m talking about when it comes to taking the best kids available. I like Troutman but I think it’s kind of stupid to not offer and see where you stand with this kid.

Ivins said he likes ncstate right now but told wiltfong offers from miami, uf, ou, and tenn could change things

Advertisement
Advertisement
If Ivins said he sits when he pees you’d probably believe him and post about it on here
Why do you reply to everything I comment on... Go take that **** elsewhere. I can't stand when cowards have to act tough behind the internet. That's literally all you do on here is talk **** to people.

Advertisement
Why do you reply to everything I comment on... Go take that **** elsewhere. I can't stand when cowards have to act tough behind the internet. That's literally all you do on here is talk **** to people.
Hit the ignore button then dude. I’ll call someone out for stupid stuff they post on here. Happens all the time on here. You gonna say that to all the other posters? I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t go over too well. Did I hurt your feelings princess? Grow the **** up.

I'm not gonna lie...I like the kid as a RB. I would take him either way. If you twist my arm him or Troutman, I guess I would give Poole the nod. But he doesn't really play LB. I think he has the tools to make a good one.

But I think if the staff knows Troutman is close, and they have seen him in state playoffs vs. STA...They may just consider him good enough to not miss out on. Troutman doesn't strike me as a kid who will test poor though, doesn't he run track? I liked Flagg's tape, but can understand why some have athletic concerns. Toutman looks a little faster and smoother. I think in at least 1 backer a class or 2 outta 3 classes. They want that cerebral kid, kid who can really diagnose (That's what I love about Troutman, again not gonna act like I know every one of his read/responsibitiies in every play is, but this kid really looks like he is going to a spot before the offense is) I don't see many weaknesses with troutman other than slightly undersized. His tape is impressive.

I'm not gonna lie though, nice find here...Would love to take him and just find room. I have watched a few power backs last couple weeks too since I don't trust Franklin...And if Franklin does bounce I would take this kid as a RB IN A HEARTBEAT. **** if variety didn't matter (i.e. taking 2 big power backs in one class), I'd take both and that would be my RB class with an outside chance Poole moves to LB.

Hit the ignore button then dude. I’ll call someone out for stupid stuff they post on here. Happens all the time on here. You gonna say that to all the other posters? I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t go over too well. Did I hurt your feelings princess? Grow the **** up.
You literally act like a teenage girl on here 😂. People come on here and try to talk about canes topics and enjoy themselves and all you do is run your mouth and try to start **** with countless people. I swear everytime I check out a post on here your responding to someone comment and talking **** to them when they haven't said a word to you or you comment on someone post and tell them how much you hate it yet you continue to comment on it over and over again. Grow tf up and stop acting like a child.

You literally act like a teenage girl on here 😂. People come on here and try to talk about canes topics and enjoy themselves and all you do is run your mouth and try to start **** with countless people. I swear everytime I check out a post on here your responding to someone comment and talking **** to them when they haven't said a word to you or you comment on someone post and tell them how much you hate it yet you continue to comment on it over and over again. Grow tf up and stop acting like a child.
Alright bud whatever you say

Advertisement
Back