Z’s Prospect Watch: FL CB Dontae Balfour

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
Do you know what grinds my gears? When I go and scan the boards for new names on Rivals, 247, ESPN, Maxpreps, etc and I see a Florida kid playing at a school like Bradford that produced a ton of talent and somehow South Carolina, Missouri, Ole Miss, and Auburn already offered a kid in our own state.

Dontae Balfour is a lengthy 6’2 corner with legit ball skills and fluid hips. Needs weight room work but most CBs usually do. Really high ceiling here being that he’s a 2 way player right now for Bradford and hasn’t really focused in on 1 position yet and he also seems to have a really good feel for coverage drops already. Significant hops on this kid as well.

Advertisement
That's why we need Travaris Robinson as CB coach. He knows talent and has relationships with coaches throughout SC, NC, Tenn, GA and North FL. We so second rate it's pathetic.

Advertisement
Starke is a country *** town in the middle of NOWHERE, about 30 minutes from Gainesville. He'll probably be a Gaytor if they want him.
Who cares? Bradford High has produced a ton of talent that any school in FL should be checking their roster. Believe it or not a lot of these kids want out of those kind of towns.

internet advice GIF by Cheezburger

T'Rob was on him at USCe to the point Balfour named them his leader last summer.

With UM'S desperate need for long term depth at CB it would make sense for T-Rob to circle back an try to bring Balfour to Miami.

Go Canes

Advertisement
T'Rob was on him at USCe to the point Balfour named them his leader last summer.

With UM'S desperate need for long term depth at CB it would make sense for T-Rob to circle back an try to bring Balfour to Miami.

Go Canes

I saw this too Paranos...He and Dawson (looking like long shot) should get full court press...Also like D.Gonzalez who at last check was available. There's a kid or two in Georgia as well I like. But unless counters are extended it sounds like we are happy with just Stevenson then T-Rob go hard next year? I disagree with this, I think we need to full court press 2-3 of the best remaining HS corners available.

I think Balfour is under the radar...Weak competition but I'd take him. Moves smooth for a big kid

I saw this too Paranos...He and Dawson (looking like long shot) should get full court press...Also like D.Gonzalez who at last check was available. There's a kid or two in Georgia as well I like. But unless counters are extended it sounds like we are happy with just Stevenson then T-Rob go hard next year? I disagree with this, I think we need to full court press 2-3 of the best remaining HS corners available.

I think Balfour is under the radar...Weak competition but I'd take him. Moves smooth for a big kid

If Balfour is agreeable I would try to blueshirt him to the 2022 class if we see a transfer portal player that can enroll by next week. If not then accept Balfour as a 2021 NLI and wait on the NCAA to add additional IC's to allow for future transfers. Or if the transfer won't graduate until summer then blueshirt the 1 or 2 gradtransfers miami may accept into the 2022 class.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
Idk sht about what makes a good db coach.
But when the rumph hate began I stated that it doesn’t matter what coach you bring here cause kids still don’t want to come for whatever reason.
Many in here have always stated bags are a huge problem and then you see the Tennessee scandal and you see what we’ve been having to deal with for years.
Obviously this is premature cause T-rob just got here and you never know if he changed who he is going after now that he’s here. But time will tell if dudes on here are correct about his impact on db recruiting. However, it really doesn’t take a **** out f a lot to improve on it.

Advertisement
Back