Z’s Prospect Watch: Deland, FL LB Timar Rogers

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
6’2 200 3-4 backer that’s also used on offense. Even though he is a 3-4 backer he’s used in a more traditional LB role dropping into actual coverage and looks fluid. You see his athleticism just rushing the passer. Really good bend while coming off the edge and has some length. He looks to have some LB instincts but it’s hard to really get a grasp on it being that he’s either playing football in space or off the edge. His thing imo is getting stronger/weight and do you want him at Mike or Outside. I personally think he could play striker here tomorrow and we don’t have to worry too much.

Advertisement
9F420AC7-7342-4669-B2B0-EE51369109F0.gif

6’2 200 3-4 backer that’s also used on offense. Even though he is a 3-4 backer he’s used in a more traditional LB role dropping into actual coverage and looks fluid. You see his athleticism just rushing the passer. Really good bend while coming off the edge and has some length. He looks to have some LB instincts but it’s hard to really get a grasp on it being that he’s either playing football in space or off the edge. His thing imo is getting stronger/weight and do you want him at Mike or Outside. I personally think he could play striker here tomorrow and we don’t have to worry too much.

He definitely shows some nice breaks on the ball and tackling in space. It wasn't just rushing the pass rusher (he did show some nice bend as you said and good explosion).

Good find. Not sure about striker but he's got a lot of talent and upside as a lb for sure.

Edited because trying to remember last Deland guy and it may have been as far back as Brian Stinson.

He definitely shows some nice breaks on the ball and tackling in space. It wasn't just rushing the pass rusher (he did show some nice bend as you said and good explosion).

Good find. Not sure about striker but he's got a lot of talent and upside as a lb for sure.
He does but I’m not sure about his traditional LB instincts to fill hole, etc. That’s why I said striker.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back