Z’s Prospect Watch: Boca DE Ashton Gillotte

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
Ashton Gillotte is a 6’4 220 DE from Boca High. He finished last year with 82 tackles and 16 sacks compiling 14 offers. First play off the get go you see that there’s no question that he’s a really good athlete but he lacks a bit in size. He definitely needs a weight but he can definitely play at 250. Doesn’t really have any type of rush moves but has a great motor and wins using a tremendous motor. Can stand up and has the ability to drop into shallow coverage He plays with a mean streak and seems to have good situational awareness. You really see the lack of technique but he’s really athletic with a great motor and you can make anybody with that a player.

Advertisement
PS he’s exploded with offered since then. Gotten Louisville, Pitt, UCF, Duke, Kansas, Cuse, and USF.

PS he’s exploded with offered since then. Gotten Louisville, Pitt, UCF, Duke, Kansas, Cuse, and USF.

He plays the right way and is a good athlete. I wrote him up in my TE breakdown but he’s probably a DE.

Advertisement
Does anybody mind sending this to coach stroud? He’s plays at Boca and it’s far from a talent hotbed. Good chance they haven’t heard of him. If he goes to Gibbons and continues his pace then he’s going to explode.

@Southside Cane ?

I liked this kid since he was first posted on here. Wouldn't mind him getting an offer...Take him, hopefully Sager, Ishmael at DE and that's a nice haul.

Advertisement
Well that's not good. Sounds like a kid that you should at least keep taps on.
I thought he could absolutely play here and probably start one day. He definitely has the athleticism for it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Must’ve missed it. On ITU or another site?

Like I said above, I can't remember...Maybe even Stefan? I could have sworn it was just that UM checked in with him. No offer. I may be wrong. Just that he had talked to UM at some point

Advertisement
Back