Youth isn't an excuse...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Our young is somehow younger than other teams' young.

Agreed.. which makes us abnormally younger than UCLA and therefore, more inexperienced! Which is why UCLA is winning with 8 true freshman and we're not.

Who from our defense would start at ucla?

they had one of the worst defenses in the Pac 12 last year and lost some starters (due to injury or graduation). All they did is bring in Mora and a new coordinator. The difference this year is they are being aggressive and attacking on D. Nebraska was getting big plays early but they kept attacking, kept going after Martinez and in the second half they got Martinez shook and shut Nebraska down.

Advertisement
Depends where the youth is.

Starting QB is a freshmen, 3 starting lineman are freshmen (plus a soph at Guard), and two of their receivers are freshmen

On D they are playing freshmen and sophomores on the Dline, at LB, and in the secondary

Depends where the youth is.

Starting QB is a freshmen, 3 starting lineman are freshmen (plus a soph at Guard), and two of their receivers are freshmen

On D they are playing freshmen and sophomores on the Dline, at LB, and in the secondary

So not far off from us. Let's just face it. The defensive scheme sucks. Period, end of story. Play soft you get soft results. Whether its goldens idea or D'No or whoever I don't care. Fix it and get over the bend don't break bs or go back to temple. First year coaches like mora beating a ranked team and we can't do crap. And ucla was as much of a joke as Miami has been so don't say they have more talent. Fisch is good. Get a real dcoordinator and maybe just maybe we are back in business. Oh and a dline coach too. Those temple guys are doodoo

Look at UCLA's defensive coordinator, Lou Spanos' resume. Tells you everything you need to know.

Advertisement
I'm not using it as an excuse but youth does matter. Johnson dropped 3 passes and misses a block that led to a fumble. He actually got pushed into Morris. Howard got beat for a big play. These are 2 of our biggest recruits and they didn't show well yesterday. This stuff happens with young guys.

I'm more concerned with the schemes right now. Coach D coaches face down/cheeks up, and Fisch is too busy tryna to look cute and flashy, instead of meat and potatoes; as much of an issue as the youth is, the coaching/schemes are even more so.

The only way I can even minutely accept this kind of beat down, is if K-State finishes in the top 5... Cause they beat us like we were Savannah State. I knew the defense would struggle after watching BC look like USC against us, but ****. I've been watch the canes for close to 25 years and the only other time we got beat down like this was against Syracuse...

I definitely think the defensive scheming is exposing our youth. And I agree, go man to man start freaking blitzing more if our dline is that bad....

Just FYI, UCLA's starting defense is full of Senior's and Juniors. Their two deep has a lot of freshman, but their starting D is upperclassmen. Their offense is another animal. Very young (5 starting true freshmen) and pretty good. What I think Mora is doing well is scheming to his personnel. He didnt come in and run some Air Raid type of offense. He knew they needed to pound the rock and that is what they are doing.

Advertisement
Back