Your favorite Duke Johnson performance. .

When he finally showed up in a big game and fought through cramps against FSU in the 4th quarter and helped secure the programs biggest win in a decade.

Oh wait

Explain how was Duke going to help Miami beat FSU with 2 minutes left in the game?

All we needed was 1 score to secure the win.

I don't think he finished a single drive the entire 4th quarter and most of the 3rd. We'd have a rhythm, then he'd go to the sideline, Yearby would come in and we'd stall.

All I'm saying is great backs don't take themselves out of those games
Duke had 31 touches that game, even ******* Atlas would have gotten leg cramps. The next closest player in the whole game was Yearby with 10 touches. He was the only reason the Canes were even in that game. It takes a whole lotta *** hat to dog on Duke Johnson.

For me, it was a simple two yard run to put the Canes up 21-9 in the forth quarter last year against Florida. If we got nothing else out of Al Folden, we at least got that.

Advertisement
When he finally showed up in a big game and fought through cramps against FSU in the 4th quarter and helped secure the programs biggest win in a decade.

Oh wait

Explain how was Duke going to help Miami beat FSU with 2 minutes left in the game?

All we needed was 1 score to secure the win.

I don't think he finished a single drive the entire 4th quarter and most of the 3rd. We'd have a rhythm, then he'd go to the sideline, Yearby would come in and we'd stall.

All I'm saying is great backs don't take themselves out of those games
Duke had 31 touches that game, even ****ing Atlas would have gotten leg cramps. The next closest player in the whole game was Yearby with 10 touches. He was the only reason the Canes were even in that game. It takes a whole lotta *** hat to dog on Duke Johnson.

For me, it was a simple two yard run to put the Canes up 21-9 in the forth quarter last year against Florida. If we got nothing else out of Al Folden, we at least got that.

This is true too. So should we blame game management? Humid summer days? The necessity of playing dodgeball?

Does Ray Lewis, Dan Morgan, Michael Irvin, Edge, Winslow, Shockey, Portis, Otis, Highsmith, Barrow, or any other player you idolized as Cane fans take themselves out of the 4th quarter against FSU because they've "played a lot of plays"?

You'd have to drag their limp bodies off the field.

It's a Cane thing...

Does Ray Lewis, Dan Morgan, Michael Irvin, Edge, Winslow, Shockey, Portis, Otis, Highsmith, Barrow, or any other player you idolized as Cane fans take themselves out of the 4th quarter against FSU because they've "played a lot of plays"?

You'd have to drag their limp bodies off the field.

It's a Cane thing...

Guess you aren't a very big fan. Dan Morgan got cramps in 2000 vs FSU. A FR Vilma had to come in and replace him.

Some posters are dumb as ****

Neg me all you want, but you know I'm right.

If Duke would have fumbled, missed a block, dropped a pass, etc, you wont hear **** from me. Mistakes happen. But at least he would have been out there.

Maybe it's just the profession im in that makes me a little harder. I'm not saying I'm some football genius or I know anything about the guys on the team. All I'm saying is that there are men who are just made differently. The uncommon.

When they're too tired to even breath, and everything is going against them, they push forward. They persevere. That's what makes someone special. A Champion.

Again, don't get me wrong. I love Duke and everything he stands for. Maybe it's just the environment. But there's nobody in this program who just has "it". Its one thing to pile up meaningless stats, but it's another thing to put it on the line when real adversity hits.

/end rant

Advertisement
We ain't won **** in over a decade. Haven't had a player of Duke's caliber in that time but let's just **** all over him just cause LOL. Duke has never had a chance to win a big game until FSU because of ****** coaching. We lost, not because of him but because of his incompetent coaches. If they had actually tried to put up points in the second half instead playing it safe and hoping we hold then maybe Duke has more left in the tank at the end of the game. But no, let's just run Duke into 8 man fronts on every first down and hope something good happens.

His Fumble against Nebraska

&

Him being on the sideline during the last drive against fsu.

There you have it.......

Advertisement
Nearly 250 at VT this year, followed by his 180+ in just over a half against NC. Best back to back performances we've seen from a RB in years, if ever.

Advertisement
Back