Young

Great coverage skills. Stays right in receivers hip. If he learns to turn and find the ball he could be special. Unfortunately I see no improvement at all. It's amazing he doesn't have 8 pass interference penalties. I hope this is something he could learn.

Advertisement
so you have seen any improvement since when?? he wasn't a starter last year so your post sorta is BS

Great coverage skills. Stays right in receivers hip. If he learns to turn and find the ball he could be special. Unfortunately I see no improvement at all. It's amazing he doesn't have 8 pass interference penalties. I hope this is something he could learn.

Serioulsy, I am almost surprised opposing teams haven't purposely thrown it short knowing that he never looks back.

are you guys nuts? he's blanketing wrs. he's broken up passes.
in man coverage, as a cb, you're on the wr and don't turn back or look for the ball until the wr looks or puts his hands up. he's getting his hand in there and breaking up the ball when the ball is hitting the wrs hands. that's what you're taught. could he turn once the wr looks up or puts his hands up, yeah, but, that's tough playing tight man.

Are you guys serious he got smoked a few times last night and got lucky the QB couldn't get the ball there. Also should have had a PI or a few called on him. A better QB and Oline and he would have gotten killed last night by #3

Advertisement
Are you guys serious he got smoked a few times last night and got lucky the QB couldn't get the ball there. Also should have had a PI or a few called on him. A better QB and Oline and he would have gotten killed last night by #3

Malek's been one of the best CBs this year statistically. He allowed one pass for 27 yards last night, and that was the first pass he's given up this season. He has small things to work on, but he's arguably our best CB.

Malek's been one of the best CBs this year statistically. He allowed one pass for 27 yards last night, and that was the first pass he's given up this season. He has small things to work on, but he's arguably our best CB.

Def our best CB, but guys making him out to be unreal.

Advertisement
He looked exceptional against the dookies. He had a knack of keeping his hands down until just as the ball was arriving. He swatted a few passes away.

Hes made a huge leap from last year. Hes shown that hel run stride for stride with anyone. Not sure why hes not turning around, since he was picking off a pass everyday in practice. Hes young and hes only getting better. Big time player for us

Advertisement
I believe he'll learn and improve, yes he got burnt on a few but out of how many? If he turns on some of those passes he'll stay rocking that TO Chain!

His specialty is obviously to track the hands of the receiver and break up passes. I don't have a problem with it because it works for him. Be careful what you wish for.

Most times he is in the trailing position. Turning his head could **** with his speed and staying on the receivers hip. I'm sure he will improve in this area but I'm not complaining.

Last edited:
Advertisement
are you guys nuts? he's blanketing wrs. he's broken up passes.
in man coverage, as a cb, you're on the wr and don't turn back or look for the ball until the wr looks or puts his hands up. he's getting his hand in there and breaking up the ball when the ball is hitting the wrs hands. that's what you're taught. could he turn once the wr looks up or puts his hands up, yeah, but, that's tough playing tight man.

You have to get your head around. An absolute must to be considered a good DB. He is in position to make interception after interception but its hard to catch the ball with the back of your neck. And it is something other coaches will take advantage of.

I love the Hot Take artists on this board that think if you're not playing at the level of Jerome, Irvin, Edge, Reed.....you're garbage. The dude was ranked last week by PFF as the #1 CB and this week blanketed one of the better WRs in the ACC. Is he Rolle o McNeil? No but the dude is a true sophomore and is by far our best cover CB despite size limitations.

in man, you're running with the wr, not looking back at the qb. yeah, theoretically, at the last second when the wrs eyes and hands go up, he should throw his head around, but, that's a lot easier said than done when playing man. i'll take pbu's as well.

Advertisement
Back