Young, innovative, flexible

DTP

Commander of The Great Heathen Army
Premium
Who do I want to replace Richt? No certain candidate right now but I know what I don't want. I do not want some old, stubborn retread who's too tied to his personal system. I want a guy who's flexible and is willing to adjust his scheme to the players available. I do not care if you've been doing (X) for 20 years, if it's not working here and now, change.

Advertisement
Who do I want to replace Richt? No certain candidate right now but I know what I don't want. I do not want some old, stubborn retread who's too tied to his personal system. I want a guy who's flexible and is willing to adjust his scheme to the players available. I do not care if you've been doing (X) for 20 years, if it's not working here and now, change.

Is Butch flexible?

Biggest problem with young HCs is they can't get good assistant coaches. They will bring greenhorn assts...

..good assistants follow successful HCs until they get their break..

Advertisement
Is Butch flexible?
Oddly enough, he has been recently. At least at FIU he has been. I've never been a Butch fanboy but I'll give him credit for not being so stubborn as to force an outdated system on offense or defense. Nothing he's doing at FIU resembles what he did 20 years ago at Miami in any way. And that's a good thing.

Did Neal commit yet? Hazzelwood? The right hire done soon could sway them.

If UM hires a current HC or coordinator, can his recruits de-commit and follow him to UM?

Did Neal commit yet? Hazzelwood? The right hire done soon could sway them.

If UM hires a current HC or coordinator, can his recruits de-commit and follow him to UM?
Anyone who hasn't signed a LOI can decommit and sign elsewhere.

Advertisement
How about a young black coach who's offense averaged almost 40 points per game and has a win over dabo?

Doesn’t matter if he’s young or old.. just flexible.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back