You know what's sad?

TheChosenOne

Senior
Enos could run most of his plays out of the pistol*. The pistol* is what pro-style play callers have evolved to. Will it fix the offense or offensive line? No. But, It would remove the long dragged out play actions that are contributing to the sacks and pressures.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Enos could run most of his plays out of the piston. The piston is what pro-style play callers have evolved to. Will it fix the offense or offensive line? No. But, It would remove the long dragged out play actions that are contributing to the sacks and pressures.
Will the pistol help guys block up front?

Enos could run most of his plays out of the piston. The piston is what pro-style play callers have evolved to. Will it fix the offense or offensive line? No. But, It would remove the long dragged out play actions that are contributing to the sacks and pressures.
But long, drawn out play-action passes are CUTTING EDGE. JW15 getting up after every sack shows how tough we are. We are SAVAGE

Will the pistol help guys block up front?
It would require them to hold their blocks for shorter time. During a traditional drop back, even without play action, you have to ask your line to block that second or two while the QB is taking his drop. In a shotgun or pistol, the QB is already in position to make a throw as soon as he gets the snap. It's one of the most popular ways for teams without talent on the line to still be successful.

Advertisement
Pistal. Not a bad suggestion, but the PA there is still a longer PA. However i think you're on to something and where i do think it would help is that he would already be more than half way in his drop so to speak. Would speed up Jarren, which is compounding the OL play IMO

Advertisement

The thing we need to come to grips with is the fact that Enos has run this same garbage playaction stuff his entire coaching career. He apparently believes in this garbage and is willing to die trying to make it work! When we hired this guy I went back and looked at his time at Central Michigan and Arkansas and immediately I was alarmed! Why? Because I knew our Oline was trash! You must have a very good Oline to make his scheme legit! Apparently he doesn’t deviate from his ideology and scheme around **** poor blocking other than to help chip with TE’s! That’s all he will do! He will not go full on spread and sure as **** won’t go spread tempo!

The great question is why has Diaz not told him to change this garbage????? We can’t blame Enos without blaming Diaz first! He hired this archaic offense scheme while claiming it was bringing us into modern day football! Manny’s words, not my words! I am pretty certain the players and recruits see this mess and are not 💯!

Advertisement
The thing we need to come to grips with is the fact that Enos has run this same garbage playaction stuff his entire coaching career. He apparently believes in this garbage and is willing to die trying to make it work! When we hired this guy I went back and looked at his time at Central Michigan and Arkansas and immediately I was alarmed! Why? Because I knew our Oline was trash! You must have a very good Oline to make his scheme legit! Apparently he doesn’t deviate from his ideology and scheme around **** poor blocking other than to help chip with TE’s! That’s all he will do! He will not go full on spread and sure as **** won’t go spread tempo!

The great question is why has Diaz not told him to change this garbage????? We can’t blame Enos without blaming Diaz first! He hired this archaic offense scheme while claiming it was bringing us into modern day football! Manny’s words, not my words! I am pretty certain the players and recruits see this mess and are not 💯!

manny lied to our face when he said he was going to get an OC that was going to be fast aggressive and cutting edge
I just wish a reporter would just ask him why he promised something a delivered the exact opposite, he should have just said nothing instead of getting everyone's hopes up

Advertisement

It seems Miami has another reincarnation of D'Onofrio and Mr. Golden Showers; and U can throw in CMR and junior too. Because as Cane fan mentioned above, Enos is too F'in STUBBORN to relatively adjust his offensive schemes! And that gives me a bad feeling, because JW is eventually going to get bloody MOLESTED behind that young inexperienced offensive offensive line. Thankfully Perry has solid on down game experience. dUh

The piston HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHA.

We should run all of our plays out of the Isiah Thomas. Laimbeer left, Laimbeer right. A little Vinnie Johnson in the redzone. Trick play could be the Spider Salley. This is a brilliant idea.

Advertisement
Back