Coaching You knew it was going to happen.... [Turban contacted by Neb]

Advertisement
As they should…they should also hit up Mark Stoops. Dude I think would kill it there with reinstilling a hard nosed defense and proven he can do way more with way less.

But either way it’s amazing how they can’t find someone who can’t at least make them “above average”

But also FUGGG NEBRASKA!

Advertisement
They need to unload the war chest and go for broke on a big name like Oscar Meyer, or just go the opposite direction and let it be a cash cow since B1G probably won't kick them out for underperformance.

Advertisement
Can’t see Urban taking the NE job. Too much of a rebuild with no recruiting base.

Meyer didn’t have to rebuild Ohio State. The Suckeyes had a bad transition season after Tressell was fired/quit and a few star players left in the scandal. They were rolling, 99-17 since Porter stole our NC. Six straight 10+ win seasons.

F-NE, F-OSU, and F-Meyer…

Advertisement
As they should…they should also hit up Mark Stoops. Dude I think would kill it there with reinstilling a hard nosed defense and proven he can do way more with way less.

But either way it’s amazing how they can’t find someone who can’t at least make them “above average”

But also FUGGG NEBRASKA!
If I am Stoops I am not going. They will be building statues for him with those 9 and 10 win seasons at KY.

If I am Stoops I am not going. They will be building statues for him with those 9 and 10 win seasons at KY.
Completely agree… but you know how coaches egos are… if they throw him ridiculous money for himself and his staff on top of more money for recruiting it would be a tough call for him.

I think Nebraska is in the position if they don’t figure it out soon they might never be able to come back that big ten move was dumb for them

That headline exists to make everyone money.

Marcus Freeman is a stopgap until Meyer has enough time to distance himself from fingerblasting waitresses and kicking punters. Meyer will wait 2 more years until Freeman gets fired, then get paid an insane amount of money for his dream job. Btw I think ND knew this would be a possibility so that's why they decided to take a chance on a low cost new coach like Freeman. If he succeeds , they have a quality, cheap young HC. If he flops, he has a cheap buyout and they go all in for Meyer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back