You have probably noticed some changes around CIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
A4FE74D6-A6CD-43C1-A748-A81ED319B0DC.jpeg

Advertisement
I was today years old when I found out Google and Bing bots read this page.

🤷🏿‍♂️

Screenshot_20220210-205616_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220210-205624_Chrome.jpg

Big brother is ALWAYS watching.

Advertisement
@Andrew

I understand the changes and why they were necessary to a certain extent. What I do and will miss is the recruiting section with the player database.

First, I am ecstatic we hired Frank Ponce and kudus to Mario for giving us something to talk about after signing day.

Second, you probably notice some things look different around CIS. This changes were intentional but may not be permanent. Our top priority on CIS has always been our message board. Users have created over 5.5 million posts on CIS in the last 10 years, which has generated over 600m page views.

To align with driving traffic to the message board we have hidden articles, and turned off the player database, and schedule add-ons. Simply put we were not generating enough articles to keep the main page current and despite help from others we do have enough volunteers to keep the player database updated. I have made the main page the trending page but we expect this to be temporary as we have been working with a firm on a different approach to front page content. I do want to stress that none of these changes can't be undone within about 5 minutes.

Last, over the last 10 years I have been active with moderating the board. Most of my moderation duties have been handling disputes between users and moderators and telling moderators I won't give them a trolling warning button. At this point, I think it is clear that our moderators no longer need me in the way, so I won't be. What does that mean? Well, really I want be jumping in the middle of disputes or stopping moderators for punishing users. What I will continue to do is help users, and on occasion delete posts. I will also continue to focus on keeping CIS running fast, secure, and modern.
As your last act as an arbitrator between MODS and users, could you restore my privileges back to the "names before deleted" thread? @Andrew

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back