Yo, Haith, Missouri called....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Does he get fired this year or next?

When they don't make the tournament next year, he will get another year because he's losing a bunch of players off this team. And when he flames out again in 2015, then he'll finally get ****canned.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Advertisement
Watching the way the Tigers have played since Haith arrived, and having watched the team for better than 40 years-
I don't believe that Haith will EVER lead us to a conference championship, much less a sweet sixteen appearance in the NCAA.
You watched a team with considerable talent play worse than good high school teams because of a lack of intensity on defense and a lack of discipline in shot selection. Their decision making skills were lacking too, and all of it boils down to coaching...
The kids obviously have to take some of the responsibility, but the coach is the sole owner of preparation, and the Tigers were never fundamentally prepared well to play.

They had all year, and even 10 days straight (during december) to change their offense strategy. The thing that most frustrates me is that they went with this pick and roll, and without dixon really only had Pressey to run it. That relies so heavily on one player and if he is having a bad day or is in foul trouble or injured you had NO ONE else who could run it.

However if you looked they would occasionally run sets where after 2-3 passes they would get the ball down low for an easy basket.

I am not sure if it was the players that were never in spots for Phil to pass the ball, or he was always looking for something to happen, but Frank, change the bleeping offense dude, you had all year!!!!

In the 2nd round the last 2 years??? I'm hearing Frank Haith sucks as a coach, and then people go into multiple thread tirades about Phil Pressey and the offense. Pressey this and Pressey that. Did anyone pay attention to the scores of the games!?!?!?!

People.......listen........MU lost in the tournament for TWO reasons and TWO reasons ONLY. It jad NOTHING to do with offense. Norfolk St. and Colorado St. scored 86 and 84 points. Both teams KILLED us on the boards. We lost because of DEFENSE and REBOUNDING. Not offense, not Pressey, and not Haith.

Defense and Rebounding are two things that are driven by will, want to, heart, and aggressiveness. NONE of which a coach can teach you. He can bench you for not having it or not showing it, but he can't give it to you. As a team you simply can't let a team score 80+ points or outrebound you. Bowers and Oriakhi should be ASHAMED of themselves. They were murdered on the boards. The team should be ASHAMED of themselves giving up 80+ points. Thats not on the coach. At some point you have to MAN UP and stop your man. Take it personal. Coach can't teach you that.

So lets stop blaming the coach. NO coach is perfect. These PLAYERS deserved the brunt of the blame.

The last dude doesn't get it its Haith. The second sounds like me Mcclinton senior yr, after he hurt his wrist the team went to pure crap.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back