Coaching Yep, we're playing with the big boys now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
The Northeast? Lmao. I didn't see anyone elaborate on whether the schools were private or public. Or we can keep moving goal posts. All the same to me.
My kids’ public schools in Maryland by DC are top notch. It’s a very wealthy area and the parents care about education and are involved personally and with resources.

You have great public schools in a variety of places. That part of the country and heading north has a huge chunk of the best public schools.

This thread should come with a warning:

download.jpg

Advertisement
:ROFLMAO:

Cali is at the top? There are 44 states in America?:) Dude. You're killing me. And making it easy. California has more people than Louisiana, Kentucky, South Carolina, Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas, AND ALABAMA COMBINED. That's most of the SEC lol. Actually you would need to throw in Nebraska, Oklahoma and West Virginia to get there. California's population decrease is practically a rounding error.

That said, it's factual. Your map provides an example of what economists call "the great pandemic migration." You realize the economy collapsed in 2020 due to Covid-19, yes? States that kept their schools closed and locked down (like California) their economies lost population to states that didn't. A lot of people who struggled financially also left the more expensive and desirable states (like California). The decrease in immigration also affected many states with major agriculture industries (like California).

There are a lot of reasons people move. Sadly, many are forced to move against their wishes. Attempting to offer pandemic migration percentages in an argument over what state is a more desirable place to live, especially when the ****hole state you're trying to pimp has about 1/8th the residents and 1/13th the GNP of CA, is not only disingenuous, but idiotic as it was easy for anyone with a functioning brain stem to call out and squash.

Like I just did. What else you got? Again, I don't even have a dog in this hunt. It's not a debatable topic. You're swimming in quicksand, man. Just go to sleep.
From 2007-2016, California had a net loss of one million people due to migration. That was six million leaving the state and five million entering. California has had net losses due to internal migration dating to the 1990s.

Immigrants from Mexico and the Philippines sensibly are willing to move to California because it offers better opportunities than at home. People born in the United States are not clamoring to get up and go to California. The marketplace proves it, year after year after year. People vote with their feet, and the vote is decidedly against living in California.

If not for international immigration, California would have had a net loss of population overall dating back at minimum 25 years , which is a rarity among American states. In 2020, California did lose population overall, not just in terms of internal migration. Covid-19 just accelerated what was already happening. This is not going to be a one-off. This is a demographic trend.

When purchasing power, rather than nominal GDP figures or a federal poverty definition, is actually applied to states' residence, California's poverty rate is 23.7%, the highest in the nation (and it's not particularly close). The cluster of insanely-wealthy people in Silicon Valley isn't going to magically erase that fact.

I am a native Floridian and California holds zero attraction for me. But, I guess I don't have a "functioning brain stem" and this "isn't a debatable topic."

Huh??? I thought I gave an honest assessment from my point of view. I mean people are different and want different things. I like being in a diverse cosmopolitan area where I have options for the best things in different facets of life if I want them. Not every day but when I want the best Sushi, I can get it. Some people like the country life because that’s their familiarity or comfort zone. To each his own.
“To each his own”.

Advertisement
From 2007-2016, California had a net loss of one million people due to migration. That was six million leaving the state and five million entering. California has had net losses due to internal migration dating to the 1990s.

Immigrants from Mexico and the Philippines sensibly are willing to move to California because it offers better opportunities than at home. People born in the United States are not clamoring to get up and go to California. The marketplace proves it, year after year after year. People vote with their feet, and the vote is decidedly against living in California.

If not for international immigration, California would have had a net loss of population overall dating back at minimum 25 years , which is a rarity among American states. In 2020, California did lose population overall, not just in terms of internal migration. Covid-19 just accelerated what was already happening. This is not going to be a one-off. This is a demographic trend.

When purchasing power, rather than nominal GDP figures or a federal poverty definition, is actually applied to states' residence, California's poverty rate is 23.7%, the highest in the nation (and it's not particularly close). The cluster of insanely-wealthy people in Silicon Valley isn't going to magically erase that fact.

I am a native Floridian and California holds zero attraction for me. But, I guess I don't have a "functioning brain stem" and this "isn't a debatable topic."
Told You So Mic Drop GIF by FullMag

The Northeast? Lmao. I didn't see anyone elaborate on whether the schools were private or public. Or we can keep moving goal posts. All the same to me.
Yes, the north east has the best public schools. States like NJ and Mass have the best public schools. This is a fact.

We are talking about being rich in a particular state. Anyone with a brain would realize we are talking about private schools. Either way public schools in the areas we are talking about are head and shoulders better than the ones in Alabama.

Uh....it's a Sh*thole...
California is definitely the best place to live idgaf what yall think lol. California has something for everybody. And sorry but take South Florida out of the equation and Florida is a **** hole along with the majority (all?) of the south.
That was all I was saying. Take Miami out and Florida is Alabama south. I think most people in South Florida forget there are a lot of country racist *** people in North Florida. I gotta drive through KKK towns on my way to Destin and Panama City. Of course if people had their pick they would live in the most luxurious parts of the country but for the majority it is not practical. And parts of Miami are pretty ******. It's people's home so I won't **** on it but it's not beautiful San Francisco in Carol City/Miami Gardens.

Here's a crazy idea. Maybe every place has their pros and cons.

And people living in Alabama arent there because they can't afford to live in California.
Thousands of the people “living” in California are under overpasses in tent cities. Could they afford to live in Cali? Cali from the outside looks like a gross liberal wasteland turning there cities to cesspools. Rural life >

Advertisement
Yes, the north east has the best public schools. States like NJ and Mass have the best public schools. This is a fact.

We are talking about being rich in a particular state. Anyone with a brain would realize we are talking about private schools. Either way public schools in the areas we are talking about are head and shoulders better than the ones in Alabama.

(Alledgely) Best public schools in the northeast, yet the little tykes who graduate from those school systems end up becoming little Woke commies in college who move into urban areas and vote for commie mayors and other politicos who ruin their native cities - not to mention some of these folks who move into the south and Texas, bringing their shtty politics into an area that doesn't need it....lol at the supposed superiority of the northeast school systems....yall can keep your system.

(Alledgely) Best public schools in the northeast, yet the little tykes who graduate from those school systems end up becoming little Woke commies in college who move into urban areas and vote for commie mayors and other politicos who ruin their native cities - not to mention some of these folks who move into the south and Texas, bringing their shtty politics into an area that doesn't need it....lol at the supposed superiority of the northeast school systems....yall can keep your system.
You mean as opposed to the morons who graduate from the south and believe every conspiracy theory they read online?
The north east public schools send their kids to better colleges and end up making more money. They are significantly better than the schithole schools they have down south.

Advertisement
I live in the SF Bay Area now. I like it here so far. There are pluses and minuses. There’s beautiful scenery and some top notch produce and restaurants. There’s a lot of business and an economy that’s really powerful. It’s also super expensive here. Like crazy expensive.

I was in San Francisco proper this past weekend. There are still great things but it’s gotten really bad. I couldn’t park but five feet from the gyro place I ran into because there was a homeless encampment on the sidewalk and they break into cars. The owner literally told me to move my car into his loading zone for 15 minutes, take my gyro and leave. It’s everywhere. Needles are everywhere. It’s not an exaggeration how bad it’s gotten there. I was there 20 years ago and it was not ridden with problems this way.

I’m just saying, I’ve lived in a decent number of places. I’ve never seen a situation of homelessness that’s more problematic in this country than here. And I can also tell you that it’s spread out. I was in Healdsburg - a high end wine town in Sonoma County about 90 minutes or so north of the GG Bridge - and they were there too. And they’re trained. I’ve seen them set up on Native American land within another Bay Area city to try and force the police into a more difficult situation.

A lot of these people are addicts. They’re destroying neighborhoods, businesses… I’d rather live here than in Bama or the rural south because there are still world class standards and amenities here but it’s not without a lot that needs to be rectified.
That's a shame.

I did the PCH trip about a decade ago. I thought it was a fantastic place.

San Diego in particular was beautiful and LA was vibrant. San Francisco was just incredibly cool.

You madd bro???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back