Yearby update

If Cook comes, what's the point of playing Yearby?

Because more than one RB can play? You don't redshirt good talent

You have Crawford.

lol

Yearby>Crawford

Yes but they'll be 3rd string, why waste a year of Yearby as 3rd string?

Because if all goes as we hope, he's likely gone in 3 regardless, and even likelier gone in 4. Doubt he'd be here for 5 years, especially as a running back...running backs generally don't make much money past 30

Advertisement

You have Crawford.

lol

Yearby>Crawford

Yes but they'll be 3rd string, why waste a year of Yearby as 3rd string?

Because if all goes as we hope, he's likely gone in 3 regardless, and even likelier gone in 4. Doubt he'd be here for 5 years, especially as a running back...running backs generally don't make much money past 30

That is a very good point.

Crawford will move to slot, its a better position for him IMO. He's better in space and has good hands. Duke, Cook, and Yearby would be a great 1, 2, 3 punch. IMO Duke is not going to be able to carry the load he was carrying this year. He was getting too many carries as it was, and coming back from a nasty injury, he should not be overused. That is going to open the door for a lot of carries to the #2 and 3 backs. DC and Yearby would both be Frosh, which means you arent going to work them to death for starters, and I would imagine DC would be used in KO returns as well. There would be plenty of work for both of those guys. Depending how it all shakes out, I wouldnt mind seeing Gus redshirt and add some size, and then becoming an Hback/FB for us. Kid is big and runs nice. With some size he could be a nice pounder for us on short yardage stuff. We only have Tucker anyway so FB is very thin as it is.

setting ourselves up for a meltdown with everyone assuming Cook is coming now. Also, seems like a lot of people are exaggerating Yearby's injury ... its not something that is going to keep him out very long from what I understand.

Advertisement
setting ourselves up for a meltdown with everyone assuming Cook is coming now. Also, seems like a lot of people are exaggerating Yearby's injury ... its not something that is going to keep him out very long from what I understand.

Going to be an epic meltdown for sure. Im not assuming he's coming, I think he's going to FSU, but its nice to dream. Hope Im wrong. I always expect the worst in these situations.

Going to be an epic meltdown for sure. Im not assuming he's coming, I think he's going to FSU, but its nice to dream. Hope Im wrong. I always expect the worst in these situations.

I follow recruiting simply to get information on incoming players now. After 20+ years of following recruiting you learn not to get too caught up with what a player, his family, coaches, etc.. are saying because in the end it tends not to mean much. I think that, and realizing that a player isn't "here" until he's enrolled and taking classes are the two most important things to keep in mind when reading all the information that comes out nowadays.

Good to hear on Yearby. Even without Cook, the RB group should be a huge strength of the team. Duke, Yearby, Gus, Crawford and everyone keeps forgetting Powell. That's a very good group. Wouldn't mind moving Crawford to safety if we do get Cook.

If Cook comes, Yearby should shirt.

You'd have Duke, Cook, Crawford and Gus.

Then when Duke leaves, Yearby takes his place.

For the last time Yearby is Enrolling Early to help right away in the backfield and in the return game..

If Cook comes, what's the point of playing Yearby?

You have Crawford.

Move Crawford to Safety

Advertisement
Please stop with the shirt yearby talk. I don't care who commits. You can never have enough RBs. If ppl thought that Alex Collins would win the #2 job what do you think Yearby will do? Louginbil thinks he's a better prospect than Duke. Which is crazy to even say out loud. None the less, it will be a RB by committee and there will be plenty of touches. Duke doesn't need more than 8-10 carriers to be effective. Yearby and Cook the same they've been splitting reps forever.

As soon as Yearby steps foot on campus he's going to be 2nd in the depth chart. I love Dallas Crawford, but he's not in the same league as Yearby. WTF is with this red-shirt Yearby talk. I remember the last great UM player that got red-shirted - Andre Johnson. We only got 2 years out that mother.......You don't red-shirt Yearby.

Good to hear on Yearby. Even without Cook, the RB group should be a huge strength of the team. Duke, Yearby, Gus, Crawford and everyone keeps forgetting Powell. That's a very good group. Wouldn't mind moving Crawford to safety if we do get Cook.

Powell's moving to CB. He doesn't have the lower body to handle RB duty at the collegiate level. The staff can probably get him a reverse play here or there simply for his speed and athleticism, but he's not going to be a RB at Miami. His money's playing corner similar to Corn Elder.

Advertisement
Y'all really think Crawford would be willing to move AGAIN? I don't think he'd have an impact on the defense like he does on offense.

Y'all really think Crawford would be willing to move AGAIN? I don't think he'd have an impact on the defense like he does on offense.

Not sure, but I remember hearing a lot people say he was stud safety and couldn't believe we moved him to offense in the first place.

Advertisement
Let's get them all signed and in school and then worry about who plays where.

I'm just glad the NCAA problem is over and this staff can actually recruit a full group of athletes they want instead of taking whoever loves Miami enough to sign, the future be damned.

Going to be nice to see a real team depth chart that doesn't include graduate transfers clinging to a fading hope of an NFL future or true JAG's.

Rb depth chart of Duke, Yearby, Gus and Crawford with hopefully Cook in the mix as well, is what a championship backfield looks like.

Not sure, but I remember hearing a lot people say he was stud safety and couldn't believe we moved him to offense in the first place.

Crawford was the Defensive MVP of the scout team as a freshman. But we had no RBs....

SFHS Sports ‏@SFHSSports 2m
Texted with Joe Yearby. Had his surgery. Said he is doing good and he will be at game tonight

Advertisement
Back