Yearby Talks 'Canes

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2014 Miami Central (Fla.) running back Joe Yearby is trying to end his senior year in the same fashion his junior year did with a state championship. Yearby definitely made his case tonight as he racked up 3 touchdowns in the first half.

“Me and Dalvin came in to the game prepared that if we want to go back to win states we have to do what we have to do and comeback for the win.”

Yearby and Dalvin Cook are both senior leaders of the team and both helped power the way for the Rockets 59-14 victory over Dillard on Friday.

“It feels good knowing the team looks up to us because we are leaders of the team. The actions that we do, they will do the same thing.”

The 5’10 195 pound running back is committed to Miami and talked about where he stands with that commitment.

“Everything is going good, I’ve got a couple visit set up for West Virginia, Hawaii and USF.”

The Hurricane commitment found out word like other ‘Cane fans that his teammate Dalvin Cook will be taking a visit to Miami on December 6th and it looks like he will join him.

“I’m gonna visit Miami, just to see what’s up with him. Try to flip him (laughs).”

The Miami central product has been watching the Hurricanes play as of late and shared his thoughts on how they can start playing well again.

“They just gotta bounce back, they just came back from a couple players getting injured and they just gotta bounce back.”

Yearby, like Cook and offensive tackle Trevor Darling, is planning on enrolling early and he is excited to get to Miami.

“I’m very excited, I can’t wait.”

What would a backfield of Joe Yearby and Duke Johnson look like to the Central star?

“I’m very excited to play with Duke Johnson because ever since I was a little boy Duke always played ahead of me and I would always watch him.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
Love this interview, Yearby almost at 200 pounds is great news about him and visiting USF and Hawaii? If there was ever a guy taking free trips its him lol

You fools remember Tony Grimes, Marrell Jackson, and Ne'Quan Phillips? They play for Hawaii.

Advertisement
Kid is so smooth. Can't wait to get some more hometown kids on campus.

Love this interview, Yearby almost at 200 pounds is great news about him and visiting USF and Hawaii? If there was ever a guy taking free trips its him lol

Yeah that cant be understated right now. We need a top notch RB that will be big enough to be an every down back for us. Not gonna lie, I have been very very critical about whether or not Yearby had the frame to put on enough wait to be that type of back, but if he is really 195 right now, I will happily eat crow. If this is true, we have a monster on our hands, but I guess most on here already knew that.............

Love this kid's attitude. I can't wait for him to suit up and run up and down the field every saturday for at least the next 3yrs.

Advertisement
Yearby, like Cook and offensive tackle Trevor Darling, is planning on enrolling early and he is excited to get to Miami.

“I’m very excited, I can’t wait.”

Me too, bro!

271.jpg

How does Hawaii prevent kids from visiting them just for a free trip? If I was a recruit that's the first school I visit

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back