Yearby says Cook flips 80% yet Cook's recruiting for UF

kperez4446

Sophomore
Its funny bc they go to the same school I just don't see how you can be so sure your teammate is gonna come with you to Miami when guys like Ermon Lane are saying that Cook is telling him to do the Gator chomp and texting him everyday to come to the Gators. If you were on the fence about a school why would you call local prospects and try to get them to join you there. I mean I don't see Alin Eduoard doing this.

Advertisement
because of the 60% he stays he wants company, its july dont stress yourself. if we dont win we wont get either anyway so we will see after the season

So you are calling out one of our only highly ranked recruits. who happens to be solid. you are a jacka**. you know **** well they and their friends read this.

So you are calling out one of our only highly ranked recruits. who happens to be solid. you are a jacka**. you know **** well they and their friends read this.

No I'm not calling out Yearby I'm saying I think our chances with Cook are a lot lower than what a lot of fans are expecting like really low

Advertisement
I've pretty much given up on Cook. With that said, he wouldn't be the first kid to recruit for a school and then sign elsewhere.

He was also recruiting for Clemson when he was committed there. UF is the flavor of the summer. Thats fine. Lets see what kind of year they have next year. That will decide who gets these prospects and who doesnt. These kids want to jump on a bandwagon, not drive it. And thats fine with me. At least we know on Sept 7th they will ALL be in attendance to watch the show. Lets hope we can get the win and show them who the flavor of the fall will be..

He was also recruiting for Clemson when he was committed there. UF is the flavor of the summer. Thats fine. Lets see what kind of year they have next year. That will decide who gets these prospects and who doesnt. These kids want to jump on a bandwagon, not drive it. And thats fine with me. At least we know on Sept 7th they will ALL be in attendance to watch the show. Lets hope we can get the win and show them who the flavor of the fall will be..

good point that game is very important for guys like Moten, Cook, etc.

Advertisement
Doesn't surprise me. I never bought the story to begin with. These kids are 17&18 yrs old and just say a bunch of crap. Gotta take everything with a grain of salt

I think that we as a fan base are setting ourselves up for a few disastrous falls. The first is taking the word of a kid in a July interview. I, personally, don't expect Cook to flip to us. I will change my mind when it's December/January and he starts showing up to campus and actually showing signs of a guy who is about to switch. Until then, he's a Gator.

The second fall is how much stock everyone is putting into that game with Florida. It is a huge game no doubt, but if you guys really believe that ONE game is going to dictate our recruiting success I have to say you are wrong. The only thing about that game that will matter is if we get blown out. Even if we win big I don't think it will mean much to these kids. I think a successful season in whole will mean a lot more. A win against Florida will be big for our fan base and our current team, but I just don't think one regular season game dictates a successful class.

I think that we as a fan base are setting ourselves up for a few disastrous falls. The first is taking the word of a kid in a July interview. I, personally, don't expect Cook to flip to us. I will change my mind when it's December/January and he starts showing up to campus and actually showing signs of a guy who is about to switch. Until then, he's a Gator.

The second fall is how much stock everyone is putting into that game with Florida. It is a huge game no doubt, but if you guys really believe that ONE game is going to dictate our recruiting success I have to say you are wrong. The only thing about that game that will matter is if we get blown out. Even if we win big I don't think it will mean much to these kids. I think a successful season in whole will mean a lot more. A win against Florida will be big for our fan base and our current team, but I just don't think one regular season game dictates a successful class.

I would personally tell these kids to go **** themselves if we blow Florida out. Get on the train or get your *** run over by it. Aint got no time for no wishy washy front running ***gots.

Advertisement

I disagree if you don't think this game is important to recruits you are not realistic. Half of the stadium is gonna be filled with local guys and if Miami pulls out a win and the crowd is crazy this would definitely go a long way. Whoever is not at the game sure as **** will be watching it on TV. Kids like Lane, Dixon, Moten, Rudloph, Cook will all be watching this game to see which state school is on the top. This game along with Fla vs FSU and FSU vs Mia will carry weight thats for sure.

I think a positive COI decision with a UF win would be huge

The weird thing is, Cook doesn't follow his boy Darling to Miami who has been a big part of his success.

Duke and Flowers were smart enough to stick together.

Advertisement

I disagree if you don't think this game is important to recruits you are not realistic. Half of the stadium is gonna be filled with local guys and if Miami pulls out a win and the crowd is crazy this would definitely go a long way. Whoever is not at the game sure as **** will be watching it on TV. Kids like Lane, Dixon, Moten, Rudloph, Cook will all be watching this game to see which state school is on the top. This game along with Fla vs FSU and FSU vs Mia will carry weight thats for sure.

This is all valid and a good point but I guess my main point is don't look at this game by itself. To me, the UF game is a huge game IF we parlay it into a big season like winning 10 games or going to the ACC Ship. If we beat Florida but then turn around and lose to a team like Virginia or USF or drop a few ACC games, who gives a **** if we beat Florida besides us? If we have another 7-5 or 8-4 season without getting to the ACCCG does that win against Florida stand out enough to make up for another average year? IMO no, it won't. I don't think kids will say "man, Miami had another 7 win season but **** they beat Florida!" We need to use Florida as a launching pad into a great season, not as the verdict. JMO

The UF game is big because we havent had a signature win in the Golden Era yet. We have to show SOME signs of life this year. Ur right..beating UF and losing 4 games in the ACC will make the win a wash. But if we win we can use that to catapult ourselves on national stage and momentum will be ours. I bet you behind the scenes some of these kids are begging UM to just show them ANYTHING. These kids love UM I think deep down. But nobody wants to be apart of a 7-5 disaster and joke of a program. They basically all say it in there interviews..They want to be apart of a winning program.

Advertisement
Back