Yearby and Cook at Media Day

Yearby is not commited to Miami. He's committed to coach Coley lets be real. We got very lucky.

Cook is a stud but I don't think he's a true RB. He's Percy Harvin.

Percy Harvin made just a big an impact for his team as any true RB the last decade. I think he can be a true running back anyway, he reminds me of Lamar Miller. His lateral movement or cuts aren't elite but if he finds a crease he's gone.

ringz put that "But" in there like being compared to Percy Harvin isnt all that or sumthn.... lol

I dont think Cook is a Percy Harvin in terms of skill set and talent level..... Lamar Miller is a better comparison, maybe with more upside though.

Percy Harvin was like a bigger version of Duke Johnson with a little more speed... just an all around freak on the field.

I think Duke is heavier today than Percy ever was at UF. Percy wouldnt get bigger than 185ish. Goldens says Duke is 196

Percy Harvin his Freshman year had 428 yards rushing and 3 TD with 427 rec yards and 2 TDs

Duke had 947 yards rushing and 10 Tds with 221 rec yards and 1 TD

Percy Harvin's highest rushing total was 764 yards rushing in 2007.

Harvin never went over 1,000 yards in any category and averaged 617 yards rushing and 643 yards rec during his time at UF.............Percy was good but lets not act like he was Bo Jackson in Techmo Bowl out there. He caught a lot of Tebow floaters and jump passes and had a ton of long runs vs OOC creampuffs.

We wouldn't fit a guy like Percy here. Hester didn't work. We need RB's not Percy Harvins

Advertisement
Yearby is not commited to Miami. He's committed to coach Coley lets be real. We got very lucky.

Cook is a stud but I don't think he's a true RB. He's Percy Harvin.

Percy Harvin made just a big an impact for his team as any true RB the last decade. I think he can be a true running back anyway, he reminds me of Lamar Miller. His lateral movement or cuts aren't elite but if he finds a crease he's gone.

ringz put that "But" in there like being compared to Percy Harvin isnt all that or sumthn.... lol

I dont think Cook is a Percy Harvin in terms of skill set and talent level..... Lamar Miller is a better comparison, maybe with more upside though.

Percy Harvin was like a bigger version of Duke Johnson with a little more speed... just an all around freak on the field.

I put the BUT n there because when do we use or have ever used a Percy Harvin type here? We already tried that with Hester and it FAILED mightily. We don't run that spread option stuff here save for 1 or 2 plays in the first half.

We need a RB. Cook would play slot and RB here and there. I hope we flip him but when do we unleash him and sit down Duke or Yearby?

Naw we didnt try that with Hester b/c if we did Hester wouldve carried that team to the promise land..... He wouldve been the perfect 1,2 punch with Frank Gore and as a receiver.

Percy Harvin would fit in perfectlly in any system in CFB..... we run a multiple offense. He would have been used the same way Duke Johnson is being used now at Miami, which is out of the backfield, in the slot, and on STs???

90% of Percy's runs were out of the Spread Option with arguably the greatest running QB in the history of CFB. Defenses froze when Tebow and Harvin had the football between the two. If Percy didn't take off then Tebow did.

We don't have a Tebow running QB here. We have arguably the best pure passer in the 2013 class who is athletic enough with his feet to avoid sacks

I put the BUT n there because when do we use or have ever used a Percy Harvin type here? We already tried that with Hester and it FAILED mightily. We don't run that spread option stuff here save for 1 or 2 plays in the first half.

We need a RB. Cook would play slot and RB here and there. I hope we flip him but when do we unleash him and sit down Duke or Yearby?

Naw we didnt try that with Hester b/c if we did Hester wouldve carried that team to the promise land..... He wouldve been the perfect 1,2 punch with Frank Gore and as a receiver.

Percy Harvin would fit in perfectlly in any system in CFB..... we run a multiple offense. He would have been used the same way Duke Johnson is being used now at Miami, which is out of the backfield, in the slot, and on STs???

90% of Percy's runs were out of the Spread Option with arguably the greatest running QB in the history of CFB. Defenses froze when Tebow and Harvin had the football between the two. If Percy didn't take off then Tebow did.

We don't have a Tebow running QB here. We have arguably the best pure passer in the 2013 class who is athletic enough with his feet to avoid sacks

Percy is like 6'0" tall and came in weighing already 190 as a freshman... he probably stayed around the same size Duke Johnson is now give or take but he wasnt a light weight at all. He was physical and could out run everybody.... I think he was more of the reason that Florida team had success then Tebow.

You cant base it all off of stats b/c there offense utilized Tebow as the 1st option and had other weapons as well.... my point is Percy Harvin is the type of talent that could play for any system not just U. Meyers.

To say we dont need Percy Harvins is like saying we dont need Duke Johnson.... b/c Duke would fit in perfectly in U. Meyers "P. Harvin" role too.

Tebow is ringless if not for Harvin

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back