Yearby... 200 pounds

People are really sleeping on Yearby He came off devastating leg injury 9 months before season. Had really no offseason entering his freshman season yet he played and did well. The kid in the picture is a much different body then in high school. If he still has his elusiveness at that size watch out.
Plus this kid comes across as really tough and hungry. He does not seem entitled at all. We all get caught up in home run speed which very few backs have in fact the only one I have seen recent memory is Cook. Give me the back that can make people miss move the chains and not fumble.

Duke lost 7 fumbles in 638 touches ( , , , NCAA College Football - CBSSports.com ) which is every 91+ touches. Not that bad. Show me a RB who doesn't fumble & I'll show you one who hasn't had enough touches yet. (See: Yearby)

Duke has been pretty good with the ball but some of his 7 fumbles have been costly. There's no denying that to be honest

Shocking that Al jr would say this

Advertisement
People are really sleeping on Yearby He came off devastating leg injury 9 months before season. Had really no offseason entering his freshman season yet he played and did well. The kid in the picture is a much different body then in high school. If he still has his elusiveness at that size watch out.
Plus this kid comes across as really tough and hungry. He does not seem entitled at all. We all get caught up in home run speed which very few backs have in fact the only one I have seen recent memory is Cook. Give me the back that can make people miss move the chains and not fumble.

Duke lost 7 fumbles in 638 touches ( , , , NCAA College Football - CBSSports.com ) which is every 91+ touches. Not that bad. Show me a RB who doesn't fumble & I'll show you one who hasn't had enough touches yet. (See: Yearby)

Duke has been pretty good with the ball but some of his 7 fumbles have been costly. There's no denying that to be honest

Shocking that Al jr would say this

Bra your lame FOH

Can't we just talk about Yearb and not have the cook debate everytine...

With that said- Yearb is the most talented back on the roster. I hate comparisons but I think his runny style ans build is similar to CP28 while he was here. Kid is the goods. Him and Gus will make a nice tandem. If his doesn't cut the mustard will see Gray and MW

Here is the rest of the top ten in rushing yards for comparison

Duke Johnson - 7 in 638 touches, 1 per 91 touches
Melvin Gordon - 7 in 653 touches, 1 per 93 touches
Tevin Coleman - 4 in 506 touches, 1 per 126 touches
Zeke Elliot - 1 in 334 touches, 1 per 334 touches
Donnell Pumphrey - 5 in 446 touches, 1 per 89.2 touches
Jay Ajayi - 7 in 751 touches, 1 per 107 touches
Devon Johnson - 1 in 232 touches, 1 per 232 touches
James Connor - 5 in 452 touches, 1 per 90 touches
Samaje Perine - 2 in 278 touches, 1 per 139 touches
Kareem Hunt - 0 in 363 touches, maths.

i remember a freshma RB coming in every once in awhile and making big runs, but getting caught from behind in the OB. He was smallish, but got bigger. Kid was special, Yearby reminds me of him. His name Frank Gore.

Advertisement
i remember a freshma RB coming in every once in awhile and making big runs, but getting caught from behind in the OB. He was smallish, but got bigger. Kid was special, Yearby reminds me of him. His name Frank Gore.

No disrespect bruh, but Yearby is nowhere in the stratosphere with Gore. From size, speed, vision,explosion and talent . Nothing, zilch.

Frank pre injury was unbelievable , one of the best rb's I ever seen.

Btw, I don't recall Gore getting ran down much (pre injury)he averaged 9 ypc for a reason , dude was explosive as **** .

Last edited:
My opinion on Duke

Positives
Great player
Multi dimensional
Tough kid between the tackles despite lack of ideal size
Hard worker
Great ambassador of the U
Great role model for kids that aspire for better life
Love for his mother
Durable as **** for his size
Came to the U when it was not cool
His Soph year saves golden from many embarrassing losses ie Wake Forest

Negatives IMO
Not fumbles his just happened to come at wrong time on a couple of occasions would not have mattered if Golden did not suck we would have been lapping these teams

Overly yappy after each run got old at times

Little bit entitled on sidelines with pouting like most kids with his hype

All in all one of the best ever but no one is without flaws.

I would need to see some footage of Gore getting run down. I recall him being CRAZY fast pre injury. Dude had both knees done and still carved out a ten plus yr in the league..... I'm sticking with Graig Cooper until he shows something better with more touches. Coop had a crazy quick one cut. Yearby's may be even better, but I still need to see more... Love his upside...

I would need to see some footage of Gore getting run down. I recall him being CRAZY fast pre injury. Dude had both knees done and still carved out a ten plus yr in the league..... I'm sticking with Graig Cooper until he shows something better with more touches. Coop had a crazy quick one cut. Yearby's may be even better, but I still need to see more... Love his upside...

Sup Frosty?

I agree on Cooper, I do think yearby is faster and quicker , but its a way better comparison than Gore lol.

Advertisement
Very excited to see Yearby run this year. It was very impressive to see after his first cut he was 7 yards + before getting touched. I would rather have a back move the chains then home run speed. Can't wait to see what he does with the added weight

Sup Frosty?

I agree on Cooper, I do think yearby is faster and quicker , but its a way better comparison than Gore lol.

I think Coop is a good comparison

Sup Frosty?

Yearby avoids people...Cooper ran into people

Advertisement
Advertisement
That's right. Another difference was that Coop was a burner. Home run threat on punts and kick offs. Yearly may not sniff special teams but he'll keep the chains moving

That's right. Another difference was that Coop was a burner. Home run threat on punts and kick offs. Yearly may not sniff special teams but he'll keep the chains moving

Coop IMO was never a burner. Yeah occasionally he would rip off a 35-40 yard run but nothing more than that for the most part. Only time I remember him getting more than 50 was when he was a freshman vs Texas a&m

Sup Frosty?

Yearby avoids people...Cooper ran into people

This is where people get it confused.

Yearby is not an east west guy. He is North South.

Yearby avoids people by making them miss and not having to run into you.

Advertisement
Back