Year 6 of this Defense

Advertisement
I bet my account be banned if we become dominant again. I'll ban myself if we win a natty and send multiple 1 rounders by the boat load for two years in a row. I'll ban myself if that happens that's how confident I am
Fight Club Punch GIF

College defenses aren't what we grew up with anymore. ****, keeping a solid opponent under 25 is a **** good game these days. But far too many times in the Manny Diaz Defense have we seen guys run wide open, missed tackles, mistakes, lack of effort, etc. Need a new voice.
Yet, most of the elite programs, remain top tier in Defense but that not here nor there.

Wats so sad is with the right coaching staff we're undefeated this season just let that sink in for minutes everyone was beatable handy mandy derailed this whole season smdh

Advertisement
Defense been trash the scheme is better than Doritos but everyone in the country figured it out. The losses of dominant DT play from RJ and G3 hammered the scheme. People don't realize how much those kids bailed out Diaz. We never getting back ever the SEC controls all. We need to accept it
Not accepting crap. We still live in Miami, so get me a decent coach then we can talk again.

3 games into the season, Miami is ranked #100th in Total Defense.

Everyone obsesses over the Offense (rightfully so) but the Defense is, and has been, part of the problem. This guy isn’t even good at what he specializes in.
You don't need stats to see the basic foundational failures on D. Starting with tackling. The most basic skill in football. Consistently bad tackling means no fundamentals, no practicing, no nada. It's gotten worse under manny as HC, moreover, meaning Richt actually helped Manny succeed as DC previously. A good lesson in there -- don't assume coordinators are the sole creators of their outcomes on their side of the ball. They do what they do in a context that includes a HC, assistants, resources, culture and another coordinator to share ideas with. With our dynamic, it's not that surprising that people underperform what they might be able to do in a better situation.

Beyond tackling, set the edge! We have no containment. Bad LBs are hard to work with but without containment, it's all chaos.

There are more things to point to, but without tackling and containment, scheme is irrelevant.

Advertisement
Defense been trash the scheme is better than Doritos but everyone in the country figured it out. The losses of dominant DT play from RJ and G3 hammered the scheme. People don't realize how much those kids bailed out Diaz. We never getting back ever the SEC controls all. We need to accept it
It's not just the talent. And it's not even just that others figured it out. The scheme is worse under Manny than it was when he ran it under Richt, IMO. Probably because Richt managed Manny and his scheme and game planning the way head coaches do. Tackling has gotten worse. Containment has.

It doesn't take rocket scientist coaches to see what to do when we don't contain, can't block, send DL upfield, play weak zones and can't tackle anyhow.

You don't need stats to see the basic foundational failures on D. Starting with tackling. The most basic skill in football. Consistently bad tackling means no fundamentals, no practicing, no nada. It's gotten worse under manny as HC, moreover, meaning Richt actually helped Manny succeed as DC previously. A good lesson in there -- don't assume coordinators are the sole creators of their outcomes on their side of the ball. They do what they do in a context that includes a HC, assistants, resources, culture and another coordinator to share ideas with. With our dynamic, it's not that surprising that people underperform what they might be able to do in a better situation.

Beyond tackling, set the edge! We have no containment. Bad LBs are hard to work with but without containment, it's all chaos.

There are more things to point to, but without tackling and containment, scheme is irrelevant.
Throughout the years, many Diaz endorsers used stats to defend what you’re talking about.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back