Year 1 happiness levels

Waterfall

Band
Banned
Here's what I'm thinking for my happiness levels based on different records

10-2 or better A statute needs to be built of Richt on campus already.

9-3 or 8-4 Content but not thrilled.
6-6 or 7-5 Unhappy and disappointed . But willing to see year 2.

5-7 or worse Should Richt be Ellis Johnsoned out after 1 season?

Advertisement
Like all things that seemingly matter, we'll know when we see it. Don't think either of these losses are enough to bring us below "we should win the coastal" levels, though.

Advertisement
If we are returning to old school Miami 4-3 attacking defense a couple DEs or OLBs really do not matter that much. It is up the middle DTs, MLB, and safeties that matter. Sure the outside guys have big parts to play, but create fear in the other offense over the middle and you dictate the game. Remember, our DE where great because the QBs were running for their lives from our DTs.

I'll say this on every thread that deals with this loss and how it impacts expectations for this season...

We CHOSE to cut those two players. Nothing happened to us, it was totally self-inflicted.

So expectations should not go down. 10 wins, the coastal, and a Miami defense.

You lay down in the bed you make

I'll say this on every thread that deals with this loss and how it impacts expectations for this season...

Three players chose to break NCAA rules to the detriment of their teammates and coaches and at the risk of getting
their school in additional hot-water with the NCAA.

Fixed it for you.

Advertisement

We CHOSE to cut those two players. Nothing happened to us, it was totally self-inflicted.

So expectations should not go down. 10 wins, the coastal, and a Miami defense.

self inflicted by the players, the team expected them to be part of team its not the coaches fault the players made deals with a rental car company to get cars at huge discounted deal against any future earnings in nfl even thought ncaa rules forbid it, its not there fault the players then lied to the compliance staff, that's on the players,

10 wins is more then anyone who is an expert expects, I would love 10 wins but most expect Miami to be between 6-8 wins, the oline has issues, the wr depth is non existant and we probably hve to rely on true freshman to play meaningful minutes, the d has been suspect for years but has talent, the lb depth is very thin,

this team has a great qb but if the oline, dline and lb don't improve this team isn't gonna win 10 games, even with better coaching the truth is the talent level at certain spots isn't as good as it should be.

Three players chose to break NCAA rules to the detriment of their teammates and coaches and at the risk of getting
their school in additional hot-water with the NCAA.

Fixed it for you.

I've never once said the players were innocent or that they shouldn't face consequences.

Kicking them off the team wasn't about the punishment fitting the crime - it was about UM brass trying to impress their fellow wine and cheese highbrows at the next ACC administrators luncheon

If you want justice, you don't throw a kid away or give up on them, you discipline them and you teach them a lesson bug you don't walk away

proxy.php

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back