Yahoo graded all 21 coaching hires...

Ohio_Cane

WE BACK!!!
Premium
I know, it's Yahoo, but it's also about us.

Miami: Manny Diaz (4.4)
Splash quotient: 5
Geography: 5Stylistic fit: 5Execution: 3Instant impact: 4

It’s tempting to knock Miami for turning around and poaching another team’s newly hired coach, a coach who left the Hurricanes’ staff last month—but at the same time, it’s also impossible not to commend the program for getting exactly the guy they wanted, and the best guy for the job. Mark Richt’s retirement clearly came as a bit of a surprise, but Miami needs a jolt, and Diaz, the architect of their strong defenses these past three seasons, should provide it. The Hurricanes have plenty of talent, but they came up far short in 2018 after fading fast in Richt’s first year. Leaning into a defensive identity under Diaz is the right move, but the Hurricanes will need to find an answer for their offensive struggles, and quickly, under new offensive coordinator Dan Enos.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/grading-every-hire-2018-apos-221326168.html

Advertisement
They gave Mack Brown, Jim McElwain & Les Miles all 3.6

Mel Tucker & Mike Locksley a 3.4 & Hugh Freeze a 2.8 lol

I know, it's Yahoo, but it's also about us.

Miami: Manny Diaz (4.4)
Splash quotient: 5
Geography: 5Stylistic fit: 5Execution: 3Instant impact: 4

It’s tempting to knock Miami for turning around and poaching another team’s newly hired coach, a coach who left the Hurricanes’ staff last month—but at the same time, it’s also impossible not to commend the program for getting exactly the guy they wanted, and the best guy for the job. Mark Richt’s retirement clearly came as a bit of a surprise, but Miami needs a jolt, and Diaz, the architect of their strong defenses these past three seasons, should provide it. The Hurricanes have plenty of talent, but they came up far short in 2018 after fading fast in Richt’s first year. Leaning into a defensive identity under Diaz is the right move, but the Hurricanes will need to find an answer for their offensive struggles, and quickly, under new offensive coordinator Dan Enos.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/grading-every-hire-2018-apos-221326168.html

Who knew Manny came on a year before Richt...I guess I imagined the pastor on the sidelines in 2016.

Article is SI, not Yahoo, but they have an even longer record of stupidity:

Sports_Illustrated_702855_19950612-001-250.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yahoo is........

Attachments

• 2CBCB216-ABE7-483A-AE4F-2AEDC0EE3E44.jpeg
    2CBCB216-ABE7-483A-AE4F-2AEDC0EE3E44.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
Back