Xzavier Mcleod 4* 2023 DT from SC Is in the Portal

mans said all that and ended with ...................... GAMECOCKS FOR LIFE. LMAOOOO

After stating his son is a front runner and wanted to redshirt...so he could transfer anyway and Beamer bluffed him out.....

Well bring on this front running mfer... CANES FOR LIFE.
Dang did not see the last sentence coming.

Advertisement
I’ve been saying all year my opinion was he’d return. I was told something new last night that changed that opinion. He’s really impressed this season and is on NFL radars. I guess I’m not allowed to hear info that’s new? It was just by chance I even heard that. Most assumed he’d return at one time.
Rather him on nfl radars than hitting the portal

I'm not criticizing you. No one knows what these kids are thinking so it can change minute by minute. Appreciate the update. I was trying to clarify what you meant by it not being a layup.

Assumed eligible DTs would bounce, even if it means being a 7th round pick. Big Joe is a one man wrecking crew for roster depth.
It felt kinda snarky which is on brand so I was just being a tad snarky back which is on my brand. No harm , no foul. There’s just a chance he could go was all I was saying. I didn’t think that was likely at one time.

I’ve been saying all year my opinion was he’d return. I was told something new last night that changed that opinion. He’s really impressed this season and is on NFL radars. I guess I’m not allowed to hear info that’s new? It was just by chance I even heard that. Most assumed he’d return at one time.
Can't imagine him being anything more than a 6th rounder as of right now... And that's if this is a weak DT class tbh. And with Taylor 100% leaving (and he should as long as he is receiving 1st round grades come draft season imo) I think he'd step right in that role. And he'll have Burroughs next to him. Hes definitely more likely to improve draft stock by returning than harming his draft stock imo

You're definitely not allowed to hear new info. I won't allow it. 🟥

Advertisement

Makes sense to me. Barely had a pulse last season. Sees limited snaps while Deen was starting but shows decent skills. Has been getting more snaps with Deen out, and playing better as time goes by. So still a long shot, but now starting to generate some buzz, especially with scouts watching LT next to him. NFL probability goes from zero to >0.

Still a long way to go and a big course correction needed for him to be considered a 4th rounder or better. But there's a chance.

Can't imagine him being anything more than a 6th rounder as of right now... And that's if this is a weak DT class tbh. And with Taylor 100% leaving (and he should as long as he is receiving 1st round grades come draft season imo) I think he'd step right in that role. And he'll have Burroughs next to him. Hes definitely more likely to improve draft stock by returning than harming his draft stock imo
Mcintosh and Norton had great careers here and were drafted in the 5th and 7th round.Can't see JHH been anything but a UFA.

Advertisement
Maudes, can we move this thread to the portal sub-forum?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ahh thanks, my mistake
Actually, you weren't wrong. Some USCe message boards said he was soft, didn't want to play in the cold and was a problem child. It would seem like the family side of the story is correct if we're recruiting him.

Did he actually play this year? How did he look? Prob worth a take but better if we had some college tape vs his high school star rating

with Horton,Collin,Moten and the DTs we're looking to bring in this class I would think we would prefer more experienced upper classmen to start and play right away.The upside with this guy is we would lock him up for the next 2-3 years since he's using his free transfer.

Actually, you weren't wrong. Some USCe message boards said he was soft, didn't want to play in the cold and was a problem child. It would seem like the family side of the story is correct if we're recruiting him.

Sign him up then, the more dts the better, keep those young men fresh

Advertisement
Back