XFL RIP x 2?

Advertisement
Thought Vince had some contingency money, guess not.

I was a little leery about another upstart league, but minus the QB play XFL2 was surprisingly a good product.

Could've been a legit threat to CFB if the XFL was able to sign rising Jr's and Sr's with NFL prospects, oh well.

Advertisement
Such idiots. They put the teams in terrible locations. The only one that seamed to be packed was St Louis. I mean Our Orlando team was #1 in attendance the first time around, why would they choose Tampa over Orlando. That right there showed how stupid they were. Should have choose locations where they didn't have an NFL team to run againts . Choose locations where the XFL game was going to be there super bowl every week.

Still confused as to what aspect of the league is so costly that they cant survive. I also think the 8 team league wasn't enough variety. Should have went with 12 or a 16 team league. Small to medium sized cities like Ocala is where I would have looked to put teams. I would have made all the cities put in some type of investment like small stadiums and *** amount of pre sold season tickets. They should have taken there time and gone slow with the brand . Felt like they rushed it this time. Just my 2 cents. Back to the amount of teams, could have went with 16 and made it an NFL D league. Could have sent all those practice squad players and Qbs who are just sitting on the bench as back ups to get some meaningful playing time and get to practice there craft.

I was a little leery about another upstart league, but minus the QB play XFL2 was surprisingly a good product.

Could've been a legit threat to CFB if the XFL was able to sign rising Jr's and Sr's with NFL prospects, oh well.
Yes 100% like the rising Jr's idea. Could of really helped lots of players who just couldn't cut college and the school work aspect. Would also have given dudes that extra few years to develop and add the size and strength and even coaching for that matter.

Such idiots. They put the teams in terrible locations. The only one that seamed to be packed was St Louis. I mean Our Orlando team was #1 in attendance the first time around, why would they choose Tampa over Orlando. That right there showed how stupid they were. Should have choose locations where they didn't have an NFL team to run againts . Choose locations where the XFL game was going to be there super bowl every week.

Still confused as to what aspect of the league is so costly that they cant survive. I also think the 8 team league wasn't enough variety. Should have went with 12 or a 16 team league. Small to medium sized cities like Ocala is where I would have looked to put teams. I would have made all the cities put in some type of investment like small stadiums and *** amount of pre sold season tickets. They should have taken there time and gone slow with the brand . Felt like they rushed it this time. Just my 2 cents. Back to the amount of teams, could have went with 16 and made it an NFL D league. Could have sent all those practice squad players and Qbs who are just sitting on the bench as back ups to get some meaningful playing time and get to practice there craft.
Agreed. Orlando, Birmingham, Charleston, St Louis, San Antonio, and other large cities without a professional NFL team would have done better I think.

I think the legit threat to CFB would of been if they would of started offering nice contracts to all the 5 star talent coming out of high school.. They would of signed all the top talent out of south florida easy. That would of been a true game changer

Advertisement
Jameis_Winston-1000x600.jpg

Now what?

I was enjoying it based on the fact that players were getting a legitimate second chance. There were some real talented performances and the variations were quite interesting. They certainly shortened the game without shorting the action and the kickoffs were interesting.

I was enjoying it based on the fact that players were getting a legitimate second chance. There were some real talented performances and the variations were quite interesting. They certainly shortened the game without shorting the action and the kickoffs were interesting.
I also liked it. The NFL could learn a thing or two from them

Sucks for all involved but those putting money into it as it may have stopped the bleeding that was likely to come. The players at least got some checks and had an opportunity to keep doing what they love while maybe getting an NFL shot.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back