XFL bankruptcy?

Advertisement
While I don't know the answer, the term "Shut Down" was used.

Makes me wonder if we can just create a league where the players are crowd-funded. If a player performs, they pick up additional investments from the "crowd", and they keep playing. If the player signs to the NFL, the original investors get a ROI.

I would 100% invest in this type of league.

Advertisement
I thought they said they were already funded for at least two seasons before they even played their first game.

I think that funding had some assumptions.. One assumption being we would not stop the USA economy. Also, WWE profits have fallen, this maaaaaaaay have attributed.

Advertisement
I thought they said they were already funded for at least two seasons before they even played their first game.
They were, but it was presumed that there would be at least some advertising revenue and ticket sales.

The quality of the football was terrible. There's just not enough professional caliber players to fill the void between where the good college football and the NFL.

They were but I think they did such a ****** job, maybe worse then the first go that they realized this virus was an easy get out of town and save my self some $500 mil or more. They so messed up in my eyes and it was so easy to see. You pick Tampa over Orlando was maybe the dumbest **** of all. Orlando had either the #1 or #2 attendance and you're not going back to that town. In your best Will Ferrell voice just say "Idiots".

I think that funding had some assumptions.. One assumption being we would not stop the USA economy. Also, WWE profits have fallen, this maaaaaaaay have attributed.
WWE is technically more profitable than ever. And they'll remain so thanks to their new FOX and USA deals that kicked in during the last quarter of 2019. Their only challenge is if the deals get cancelled.

Advertisement
Sure would of like to see it go a full season or two. It’s at least a little football in the back ground during the off-season. I thought the product was better than the first go around and it appeared to be more excepted by the fans, other than the **** kid game sideline interviews. Maybe when the virus is behind us, they can take another shot at it.

WWE is technically more profitable than ever. And they'll remain so thanks to their new FOX and USA deals that kicked in during the last quarter of 2019. Their only challenge is if the deals get cancelled.
My buddy Adam is Braun Strowman and just won the championship like 2 weeks ago, they wrestled in a totally empty arena and he said it was the strangest thing ever. He said he hopes he doesn't have to wrestle again before thy let arenas open. My guess is hes going to have to do it again.

Advertisement
I think the problem is, people only want to see the best of the best playing. I know there are some good players out there, even ex-NFL players, but most are still 2nd tier players and I really have no interest in seeing them. I do not see any league other than NFL sustaining more than a season. Its been tried and has failed so many times now. JMO

As long as God makes kids wrestling will continue to be profitable.

I don't think we can make a fair assessment of XFL rd. 2 because of COVID-19. The football was entertaining, they seemed to be on the right path, then boom - no more games. Right now we can't call this anything other than a case of bad luck.

Dumb question but how good would a league of all practice squad players be? I know it would never happen but it would be a lot of talent.

Advertisement
Back