x-factor on offense and defense

The season is almost here fellas, and boy I am excited. I truly believe we will see a different team this season. I believe they will play with more passion and will not be afraid to lose (as we have seen in endless past seasons).

Each year there is typically an x-factor on offense and defense...

I am going to say big ole Donaldson will be the x-factor on the inside of the line. I believe he will clear holes for cam/don/rooster, which will open up the passing game for Rambo/harley/smith.

On defense, I believe Jahfari Harvey will be able to get to the passer. The question is whether he can hold up in the run game in setting the edge.

What say you?

Go canes!

Advertisement
The season is almost here fellas, and boy I am excited. I truly believe we will see a different team this season. I believe they will play with more passion and will not be afraid to lose (as we have seen in endless past seasons).

I am going to say big ole Donaldson will be the x-factor on the inside of the line. I believe he will clear holes for cam/don/rooster, which will open up the passing game for Rambo/harley/smith.

On defense, I believe Jahfari Harvey will be able to get to the passer. The question is whether he can hold up in the run game in setting the edge.

What say you?

Go canes!
If we see Chaney or Harris putting up big numbers, I'm certain it will be because of Donaldson and the O line play.

What say you?

Go canes!
Entire OL is x-factor for both Canes O and D.

Sustain drives and season will go well.

More 3-n-out garbage of last 20 years... don't blame the D...

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think Stevenson really helps lock down the defense.

If Lashlee will be our X factor on offense if he opens it up the way he did in the bowl game. We got in a big hole and he opened it up and we should have won that game if not for the dam drops.

Ofense - OL
Defense - DL / ability to stop the run

Completely agree. First game of the season with a new QB bama is going to try and run it down our throats.

And on defense their DL will try and free up their Lbs to be in the backfield on every play.

So we should have an idea by the end of the first game. If our lines perform average then we can feel good because no other team we play will have lines anywhere close to Bama’s.

Advertisement
I just watched a replay of last years VT game and was shocked just how bad the OL was even though we won. Gaynor and Scaife had no idea how to pass off there blocking assignments to another player at all. And straight on man they both got over powered, There maybe a little improvement with Donaldson but i just dont think the OL is going to be a strenght

This defense is all about the guys up front. If they can't apply pressure by themselves, then its long drives and gassed D in the 4th quarter, or you live and die with zone blitzing which can cause big plays but better QB's like Howell can also pick apart.

While I enjoy it when its happening, I'd like to see the D-line 'deciding' when to turn it on less. There were games last season, 4th Q @ NC State in particular, where the guys up front decided they'd had enough and completely overwhelmed the offense and ended the game. Effort goes a long way and is something out of your opponents control.

Advertisement
Completely agree. First game of the season with a new QB bama is going to try and run it down our throats.

And on defense their DL will try and free up their Lbs to be in the backfield on every play.

So we should have an idea by the end of the first game. If our lines perform average then we can feel good because no other team we play will have lines anywhere close to Bama’s.
And I'm anxious to see Lashlee's gameplan. Venables put out the blueprint for how to shut us down offensively & I imagine Bama will present lots of similar looks both scheme & personnel wise.

And I'm anxious to see Lashlee's gameplan. Venables put out the blueprint for how to shut us down offensively & I imagine Bama will present lots of similar looks both scheme & personnel wise.
I have a feeling Bama will press every one of our guys all night. It won’t take long to see if our receivers have progressed at all.

I have a feeling Bama will press every one of our guys all night. It won’t take long to see if our receivers have progressed at all.
Hard to imagine anything else but this happening from Bama's vantage point, receivers gonna have to make plays down the field & Lashlee better get the rb's & Mallory involved in passing game too.

Advertisement
Back