WSU OL coach McGuire said........LMAO

deerob305

Junior
Is this an insult or is he tryin to be funny???? LOL

Matt Porter
*‏@mattyports

WSU OL coach Clay McGuire calls Miami's defensive scheme "relatively simple and basic."

Advertisement
It's simple and basic... to exploit - run crossing routes over and over again and Dorito will do nothing to adjust.

Advertisement
I don't get it. I thought it was too complicated for our players. Maybe they only recruit Mensa members up there.

I don't get it. I thought it was too complicated for our players. Maybe they only recruit Mensa members up there.

This is the key to a defense that we have completely backwards. For the defense it should very simple and seem complex to the offense. But our defense is very complex for our players and really simple from outside looking in. We are always a step too late, always telegraph our blitzes, get easily spooked into certain looks awhich allow the offense to dictate what we do instead of the other way around. Really sad.

I think he is likely referencing the pass rush side of things (as that would be his main concern). Mostly meaning that you guys don't go all ASU about how you bring pressure. ASU will blitz at least a third of the time from all sorts of positions. All that said, if your line can get pressure itt will go a long way to helping you win.

I think he is likely referencing the pass rush side of things (as that would be his main concern). Mostly meaning that you guys don't go all ASU about how you bring pressure. ASU will blitz at least a third of the time from all sorts of positions. All that said, if your line can get pressure itt will go a long way to helping you win.

Our line hasn't pressured anyone in over 5 years, so I won't count on that happening.

Advertisement
If you watch the games we pretty much do the same thing offense and defense the whole game. Once a smart coordinator figures it out the only thong we can rely on is talent. Talent won us 8 games this year nothing else.

Hard to get pressure when you're required to play a game of patty cake first. One of the many problems with NoD's defense is that he tries to run everything from the same formation, to disguise where it's coming from. Other coaches try to show you a bunch of different looks and make you guess who's dropping and who's coming. Strong's use of standing all his lineman up so you don't know who's a rusher and who's dropping, is an example. No matter the offensive formation/personal, a NoD defense almost always lines up the same way. It's why on 3rd and 2 against GT, we see the same base defensive lineup at the snap and why they give up 3 yards.

The problem with NoD's approach, is that it takes the blitzers too long to get to the QB, allows the QB to see the blitz, and forces the guys in coverage to turn and sprint back to their position without paying attention to what routes are being run. The LB's, safeties and DB's are so worried about getting depth and into their zones, it allows holes to open up in the seams and in the underneath crossing routes. It's a fundamental issue compounded by the read and react pass rush, which is why it's never been fixed in 5 years. You have to time it perfect to have any chance at all at disguising it and of getting to the QB in time. The few times Grace or Kirby were able to get to the QB were because they were able to time it right and the QB didn't read the blitz and make the appropriate check down.

Fundamental issues on the systematic level are exactly why teams have success with the read option against NoD. Everyone wants to blame the players, but go back and look at the UNC game and look at the defensive formation when they went shotgun, twins right, with the RB on the QB's right side. They ran the dive option or speed option toward the WR's EVERY SINGLE TIME because they had NoD outnumbered to that side every time. The one time they stopped it for a 6 yard gain, it was because AQM ran Williams down from the backside end position. Couple that with the occupy blocks and designated tackler bull****, and it's easy to see why the defense ******* blows.

I'll never understand a defense who's first objective is to let the offense get their hands on you.

Advertisement
There isn't really anything wrong with simple and basic if you have the talent to kick *** anyway.

We finna get our *** kicked, hooefully these tyoes of losses are behind us when we recruit savages and win battles in recruiting sfla. If not its gun be the same ole **** with a different coach.

Advertisement
We finna get our *** kicked, hooefully these tyoes of losses are behind us when we recruit savages and win battles in recruiting sfla. If not its gun be the same ole **** with a different coach.

People like you should be able to clean up on that 2.5 point spread.

Advertisement
Back