WRs of other teams

Advertisement
Their receivers are better actors. They fake out their coverage.

And then scramble if covered to get open.

Obviously, our coaches know more about wr than I do. But were I recruiting, I would not go after a single player who caught the ball with his body. If you do that, you will never catch a contested ball.
I didn’t think of that but you might be right. Bunch of our guys do that. Starting with Cager when he was here. He used to that **** a lot

Get over it. Likens inherited the majority of these guys. There was a reason Manny canned Dugans the second he took the job

Advertisement
Obviously, our coaches know more about wr than I do. But were I recruiting, I would not go after a single player who caught the ball with his body. If you do that, you will never catch a contested ball.

1:23
1:58

1:43

They came here and started doing that soft stomach catch ****.

Advertisement
Just not sure what happened with Pope. His hs film he is catching contested balls, and tearing it up

All of our recruits are Paradise camp success stories. We need to stop using that camp as a tool to evaluate our skills corp, it should be a way to convince already known talent to commit.

Advertisement
Was gonna make a similar post after I watched Jonathan Adams (again) Thursday night. Other guys have big bodied beasts that go grab the ball. We have... Harley and Pope.

Advertisement
If you switched Pope or Harley from UM to Louisville, and put Tutu Atwell on this UM squad, would the stats look the same?

I’ve said this numerous times that it aggravates and astonishes me to no end that every Saturday I watch lesser teams such as a Memphis or an SMU etc that has a stable of WR’s that are fast,get open and catch anything thrown within 10 ft of them and every year we seem to drag a bunch of lead footed ,stone handed,short armed WR’s out there that can’t catch their breath.
This with us recruiting in an area where it’s said there are quality RBs and WRs on every corner of every block in the area.

‘Now I know we have lost a bunch of first round WRs to Bama and other teams but this is maybe 6-8 kids and there’s supposed to be dozens of WRs in the area that are waaaaaaay better than like players from other areas.

‘I’m really hoping that Likens does a better job evaluating talent( can’t see how he can do much worse) cause it’s really embarrassing for the University of Miami to be trotting these no talent type receivers out there every week,sHT every year for a decade plus for the most part , while teams in the group of five can put 2-3-4 five WRs on the field constantly that can get open,contest every throw and most importantly CATCH everything thrown at them.

THIS is an area where we should NEVER be running the type of guys out there we have been for years ( with a couple of exceptions) with the type talent at this position coming out of the HS’s in the area.

Advertisement
Back