WR Xavier Restrepo announces return for final season

The issue is not and has not been X. He is a solid player. The issue is he is our only option and we use him like a world beater. Im glad he is back but if we are scheming up 15 targets a game for X again we will be in trouble. Do not @ me.
X is all we got who knows the playbook , in practice no one can cover him to push X in any way.
Come game time example at Gainesville next year it’s there only focus our only real option the X unless these you 4-5 star WR coming in are who they say they are our chances are very slim at all at Fla.

Let alone throwing the ball , we got no one proven.

6-6 next year at best

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is great news. He's consistent, he's reliable, and he's way more athletic than this fanbase gives credit. Should also provide a veteran presence that room needs. I hope he kills it next season and gets himself drafted as a result.
Another strong year with NFL interested this year he may wind up a bottom 2nd to 3rd round pick

Advertisement
absolute stud WR and very glad he's coming back

yesterday was a **** day, but it's cool that players like Kiko and X are coming back. In years past, players on the edge would typically bounce to not be a part of the program any longer

Not to be negative but how many years has he been here? Did he get extra year due to Covid?

Kids are sitting who didn’t get that extra year and their eligibility is getting burned up not good for them as they are stuck. Throwing transfer portal and a lot of kids are getting the shaft.

If he really is better this is good for us. If we are letting kids with a hire upside rot not so good.

Advertisement
X isn't the problem, he never has been. I'm never going to blame a guy who does his job at a high level for the shortcomings of the people around him. TVD forced it to him, he likely wasn't running around demanding to be the primary target on every **** play. TVD likely trusted him because 1) X actually makes catches, and is consistent, and 2)They had a bond, something TVD never bothered to build with his other receivers.

X coming back is great. He's the kind of guy that if he is on the field, we have a productive player. If one of the youngsters comes in and eventually pushes him out, the team will be better off, because it's going to take a **** good player to push X to the bench. Never mind the fact that he's a great clubhouse guy, a great example to set. I'm hoping that Trader or one of the other receivers ends up rooming with X, learn by living day in and day out with a guy that has MAXIMIZED his talent. He's one of the few guys in the program that has outperformed what people thought he would be coming in.

Who is Cardale Jones? He sounds fat and underachieving.
Jones is a slap d but he was undefeated in games he played in at Ohio State, won a natty as the 3rd stringer, 4th round pick... if only Miami had that kind of underachiever QB around. Miami's underachieving 3rd stringers can't bet Rutgers or they transfer 5x in 4y

Advertisement

X repping! And just look at where Coleman is. You'd think a guy with that frame would be dominating in this category.

I don't think Travis is an accurate QB. I'm sure plenty of those targets sailed into the third row.

Advertisement
Back