Wr rotation for next season...predictions

Advertisement
Advertisement
Cager is a big wild card. He had a nice performance against Wisconsin and would be a nice compliment to Richards. Having those two with Thomas, Jordan and Homer/Lingard on the field at the same time would create mismatches everywhere. If the QB can start delivering the ball, our offense could be the best it's been in over 15 years.

Cager is a big wild card. He had a nice performance against Wisconsin and would be a nice compliment to Richards. Having those two with Thomas, Jordan and Homer/Lingard on the field at the same time would create mismatches everywhere. If the QB can start delivering the ball, our offense could be the best it's been in over 15 years.

That's the key!

WR1 = Richards, Langham, Harris, Wiggins
WR2 = Cager, Hightower, Ezzard, Njoku (recovering)
Slot= Thomas, Pope, Harley

Agree here, with the exception that I expect someone to take snaps from Langham if he can't be more consistent. Dude saved our season twice, but spent the rest of the year getting boxed out and out hustled.

Advertisement
Thomas will be on the outside in the Z position. Richt already admitted that he started Thomas out in the wrong position as a slot receiver and furthered that by admitting that he waited too long switching him to the outside.

X- Richards, Langham
Z- Thomas, Cager
Y- Pope, Harley

I completely agree with you regarding Cager being the "wild card" of the bunch. I think he will have a very good season this year, even though I think It will be in a backup role. I really like his game when he shows up to play.

I completely agree with you regarding Cager being the "wild card" of the bunch. I think he will have a very good season this year, even though I think It will be in a backup role. I really like his game when he shows up to play.[/QUOTE

Advertisement
What’s the difference in the ideal skillsets for X and Z receivers?
I'm not a WR or football guru at all. So someone please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.....

The X receiver is the wide out that is farthest away from the tight end, meaning he is spread out the wider than any of the receivers. He lines up on the line of scrimmage which means he cannot motion. Therefore the corners are able to jam him at the line of scrimmage. Ideally you would like to have someone that is not only fast, but also strong enough to not get jammed. Richard is the perfect X receiver because he has the ideal blend of speed, quickness, and strength.

The Z receiver lines up off of the line of scrimmage and therefore can be set in motion (though we rarely do it). Thomas is perfect because he can line up as a Z bit also motion into the slot, where he would create an even greater mismatch.

Advertisement
I wish we had a better play caller

Hopefully Richt will take that next step.

Can’t keep blaming things on your QB...even if there are some handicaps. It’s his job to scheme around a player’s deficiencies and get the best out of them.

Don’t care if it’s Williams or Perry - gotta put up major points this year.

Advertisement
Back