WR player rotation

CDWright40

@jbcanes-nc is *** for Zelenskyy.
Premium
I feel like our player rotation at WR makes no sense.

Last night 3 had 111 yards in the first half. Then in the second half 1 catch for 15 yards. He often was not on the field. I didn’t look at snap counts but it looked like 15 was taking his reps. Why? 15 is good for deep balls only.

Brashard finally gets some reps and he made things happen with his opportunity. Why not find ways to get him on the field more. Run more 4 wide and get him and X in the slots so defenses can’t lock in on X.

Why so much Horton? He made some plays last night and is a nice player but is he better than 4?

I feel like Walker got a lot of reps for UNC. Why don’t we focus more on our playmakers?

Advertisement
I feel like our player rotation at WR snakes no sense.

Last night 3 had 111 yards in the first half. Then in the second half 1 catch for 15 yards. He often was not on the field. I didn’t look at snap counts but it looked like 15 was taking his reps. Why? 15 is good for deep balls only.

Brashard finally gets some reps and he made things happen with his opportunity. Why not find ways to get him on the field more. Run more 4 wide and get him and X in the slots so defenses can’t lock in on X.

Why so much Horton? He made some plays last night and is a nice player but is he better than 4?

I feel like Walker got a lot of reps for UNC. Why don’t we focus more on our playmakers?
Young wasn’t making anything happen yesterday. 50/50 balls he was losing last night to a smaller defender.

I don’t mind 3/7/4. They are nice complementary players but none is a WR1. Because none of them are game breakers, you can’t afford as an offense to stick with a small rotation like that. And if you bring in a 4th WR, I’d rather see a game breaker instead of a similar WR like Horton.

Bottom line - we aren’t good enough to have a personnel rotation of only 4-5, especially when guys 6-8 are game breakers. Need to be creative and find ways to get those guys the ball - like we did games 1-4.

Check my post, said the same thing

Where's the elite speed at WR? Its on the bench

Advertisement
Love me some X and George is growing on me but we got nothing close to #9 for unc..
No doubt. I’m not saying we have a Walker. But 3 was tearing up UNC for a half and then got removed from the game plan for some reason in the second half. I didn’t see UNC trying to give other people chances.

This team (and perhaps Dawson) appears to be fighting Mario and Mirabal's wish to have a strong running game, and the reality that its pieces (including its QB) operate better in 4WR with pace. But, whatever. What do we know. We're just idiot message board amateurs.

For the 1000th time:

- Get speed in the slot (Brashard or Ray Ray in the other slot)
- Attack vertically more often
- Increase the pace sometimes, as it seems like that's TVD's most comfortable rhythm
- Use our RBs in the pass game when the defense adjusts
- Feel free to run into light boxes!

Advertisement

Brashard is a hiccup away every time he touches it. Either by juking somebody, breaking tackles or out running. It’s different when he touches it yet he can barely get touches. I begged for him to be use in the return game last year and they finally reciprocated. I’ve been begging this season for him to be used more at wr / rb yet nothing lol. Him , Ray Ray, Washington and CJJ need to see the field. We’re too stupid to put together long drives consistently.

This team (and perhaps Dawson) appears to be fighting Mario and Mirabal's wish to have a strong running game, and the reality that its pieces (including its QB) operate better in 4WR with pace. But, whatever. What do we know. We're just idiot message board amateurs.

For the 1000th time:

- Get speed in the slot (Brashard or Ray Ray in the other slot)
- Attack vertically more often
- Increase the pace sometimes, as it seems like that's TVD's most comfortable rhythm
- Use our RBs in the pass game when the defense adjusts
- Feel free to run into light boxes!
Feels like a Brock Berlin situation when we refused to just go shotgun.

Brashard is a hiccup away every time he touches it. Either by juking somebody, breaking tackles or out running. It’s different when he touches it yet he can barely get touches. I begged for him to be use in the return game last year and they finally reciprocated. I’ve been begging this season for him to be used more at wr / rb yet nothing lol. Him , Ray Ray, Washington and CJJ need to see the field. We’re too stupid to put together long drives consistently.
This. I would add more Ajay Allen too. Let's be real though. even when most of them get on field, TVD doesnt look at that anyway.

Young has disappeared the last 3 games. Need more Smith, Ray Ray and Robby

Advertisement
Young has disappeared the last 3 games. Need more Smith, Ray Ray and Robby
Yes on Brashard.

Question on Colby- did he forget how to play or suddenly get slow? What has caused him to disappear. I see a ton of Horton lately. Are we giving him the right looks. Are defenses taking him away opening things up for Jacolby? Has he been open and TVD threw it to 7? I don’t know but I doubt the kid forgot how to play.

Either you create big plays or put explosive players on the field. If you’re going to lean on wr’s then use every skillset available. Currently it’s whoever runs an option or curl route correctly gets pt.

Yes on Brashard.

Question on Colby- did he forget how to play or suddenly get slow? What has caused him to disappear. I see a ton of Horton lately. Are we giving him the right looks. Are defenses taking him away opening things up for Jacolby? Has he been open and TVD threw it to 7? I don’t know but I doubt the kid forgot how to play.

Not sure but he was banged up against GT and probably still not 100%. But yeah, something isn’t there. Maybe coverages are different but hey, let’s throw another bubble sceeen to young and a fade to Restrepo.

Advertisement
Yes on Brashard.

Colbie is good but far from elite. Same with George. They have a huge game and then they disappear the next 1-2 games. We have a bunch of above average guys on offense but zero game-changers and it shows badly.

Advertisement
Back