2024 WR Jeremiah Smith (Commits to OSU 12/14/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
He would of been undisputed 1st pick if Oregon ran a good spread that didn’t throw like 30% screens. I think seeing the disparity between the chargers wide open scheme vs the screen heavy college scheme is really where the “killed” narrative comes from
100% wrong. Burrow was unquestionably the #1 pick. Second, NFL teams can look past scheme to project players, like they did for Herbert. Nobody thinks Tennessees scheme projects in the slightest to the NFL yet Hooker likely ends up a 1st or early 2nd round pick even though he’s a grandparent and tore his ACL… Also Herbert isn’t really a super freak athlete either. Got Elite size and explosiveness, but just good speed and average agility/quickness.

Now if maybe you wanna say he could have/should have been drafted above Tua? Okay maybe. But saying #1 pick over Burrow is ridiculous. Even after hindsight, Burrow is still the better choice. Tuas has had major injury problems.

Our campus? lol Dudes gonna be tweeting at Air to welcome him to OSU while at Coral Gables. smfh.

Well let's break it down.....

QB1 just committed, Mario didn't want to be labeled that guy who dropped a highly ranked QB after all the concerns around the position, so he had Smith push for Air to commit to OSU. Smith is on campus today to align on "next steps". Chess.....not checkers.

100% wrong. Burrow was unquestionably the #1 pick. Second, NFL teams can look past scheme to project players, like they did for Herbert. Nobody thinks Tennessees scheme projects in the slightest to the NFL yet Hooker likely ends up a 1st or early 2nd round pick even though he’s a grandparent and tore his ACL… Also Herbert isn’t really a super freak athlete either. Got Elite size and explosiveness, but just good speed and average agility/quickness.

Now if maybe you wanna say he could have/should have been drafted above Tua? Okay maybe. But saying #1 pick over Burrow is ridiculous. Even after hindsight, Burrow is still the better choice. Tuas has had major injury problems.

And if all the reports back then were accurate, Miami tried trading up to #1 to draft Burrow, so they were not locked on Tua either. Cincy just wouldn't budge.

It's weird that Mario's QB does well in the league and he has the stereotype that he holds QBs back. Urban/Day get much higher rated guys out of HS and they do **** in the league and they say it doesn't matter what you do in the league lol You can't have it both ways.
they get system qbs, if they evaluating a qb stay away from drafting them

Advertisement
It's more than that when it relates to qbs. You gotta remember day was an urban Meyer disciple. He runs essentially the same system. That system has NEVER at any program PRODUCED AN NFL READY QB. You may attempt to argue Alex Smith. As I said NFL ready and everyone at San Fran including smith said he had to start over from complete scratch because he had no clue nor fundamentals to be an NFL QB period let alone a starter. Won't even get into his golden queen in that pud pulling fruit shebow. Just look at them in house for proof. Buddy at Cincy his whole life wanted nothing more than to start at QB for osu. He even sat till it was his turn patiently. What did they do? They went out and got a system fit who did well for them in that system in fields. But they ran off buddy in the process and he would've been dangerous with those weapons.

Burrow didn't transfer because of Fields, He transferred because Haskins won the starting job. RIP to em', but I know Haskins was gonna bust, He was what the old folks used to call "slew footed".

And if all the reports back then were accurate, Miami tried trading up to #1 to draft Burrow, so they were not locked on Tua either. Cincy just wouldn't budge.
This is exactly what occurred. #1 option was trading for Burrow, they wanted him bad. Second option if trade did not happen was to take Tua.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Is he this years Innis, Ja’Corey Brooks, Marcus Rosemy, Haslewood.

there is .001% chance this kid is coming to Miami.
I know y’all disagree but outta all of them I think we got the best chance with smith, just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back