2024 WR Jeremiah Smith (Commits to OSU 12/14/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with this way of thinking, i don’t judge qbs in the nfl based of the team they played for in college. Every qb is different, just like u shouldn’t target michigan or Tennessee qbs because of brady and peyton.

I judge the player not the helmet, they have proven production at qb and produced 2 first rounders under day. As a recruit thats all u can ask for.

It’s not the school per say, it’s the system ran and has been run elsewhere showing limited development.

Advertisement
Smith can go anywhere he wants. He’s going to osu cause of Hartline. Period.

He can go to Bama or uga and they would drop dudes to fit him in its class.
Both have been winning more than osu. Both have elite qb’s.

This narrative of winning and they’ll come is getting played out.
Win what? 8 9 10 games? We’ve done that already.
Win the coastal?
We’re going up against playoff and championship teams.
We’re not reaching that level without dudes like smith.

We win the coastal and the frontrunners come down with playoff wins and first rounders.

We have to land them first and we have to convince them to come first.
We've won 10 games once in 20 years. We won 8-9 games several times and the Coastal once then promptly sh*t the bed against Clemson.

We have to show it's sustainable and not an aberration to change the perception.

He would of been undisputed 1st pick if Oregon ran a good spread that didn’t throw like 30% screens. I think seeing the disparity between the chargers wide open scheme vs the screen heavy college scheme is really where the “killed” narrative comes from

That is the biggest load of horse**** ever.

First, the Dolphins had already locked onto Tua and wouldn't have drafted anyone else under any circumstances. Second, Joe Burrow was just as deserving of being the #1 pick as Herbert, regardless of stats.

Good lord, scouts had seen Herbert for FOUR YEARS, and you are acting like some extra senior year stats would have made the difference on his draft position...

Give me a break...

That is the biggest load of horse**** ever.

First, the Dolphins had already locked onto Tua and wouldn't have drafted anyone else under any circumstances. Second, Joe Burrow was just as deserving of being the #1 pick as Herbert, regardless of stats.

Good lord, scouts had seen Herbert for FOUR YEARS, and you are acting like some extra senior year stats would have made the difference on his draft position...

Give me a break...
It was more of a compliment of Herbert being a freaky player and if the scheme was good and matched his skill set he could of been an all time CFB QB, than being an actual draft analysis.

Edit: was also trying to criticize how Oregon’s offense held back an ELITE talent

Advertisement
I’m not trying to get at you and I don’t know how to judge a QB, but you can’t say you don’t know what to judge his upside on besides his upside.
As I said at this point it's his tools that establish his upside & not much more. That's facts for him AS OF RIGHT NOW. He has alot more progress he has to make before you can establish his place in that conversation. But in ALOT of instances it's nothing but tools that get you drafted. Like Anthony Richardson it's his tools and not much more. You can't take context out of the conversation though cuz this wasn't what was being discussed. It was a conversation that apparently began over a comparison between Bryce Young and Van Dyke That's all. Because if what we're doing was strictly looking at somebody's tools to establish nothing but they're upside then Anthony Richardson or anybody like him would be a number one pick in the draft each and every year

You're missing my point then. What I've been saying is it has nothing to do with GETTING you there. It's how does the system you play in college PREPARE YOU to become a starting quarterback in the NFL. Does it give you the tools necessary to thrive in the NFL. Not just simply get their. It's like with Mike leach or June Jones. They get **** good play from the position at the college level. But it doesn't equate to playing the position in the league.
It's weird that Mario's QB does well in the league and he has the stereotype that he holds QBs back. Urban/Day get much higher rated guys out of HS and they do **** in the league and they say it doesn't matter what you do in the league lol You can't have it both ways.

Advertisement
You're missing my point then. What I've been saying is it has nothing to do with GETTING you there. It's how does the system you play in college PREPARE YOU to become a starting quarterback in the NFL. Does it give you the tools necessary to thrive in the NFL. Not just simply get their. It's like with Mike leach or June Jones. They get **** good play from the position at the college level. But it doesn't equate to playing the position in the league.
What colleges/coaches offenses currently prepare you for the nfl? Because if we watch osu offense they run alot of concepts that are an in the pros.

I agree with what your pount, im just saying its not smart to judge a qb on where they went to school they should be judged off what they put on film.

It's weird that Mario's QB does well in the league and he has the stereotype that he holds QBs back. Urban/Day get much higher rated guys out of HS and they do **** in the league and they say it doesn't matter what you do in the league lol You can't have it both ways.
Because everyone watched herbert under mario’s watch lol, its that simple. Whether its unfair or not it happened, just like we saw tvd’s regression under mario last year. Its not just something people are pulling from nowhere, there are red flags even if they are extreme

It’s not the school per say, it’s the system ran and has been run elsewhere showing limited development.
Thats college football. Osu offense is more similar to pro offenses than alot of schools. Its about projection, there isn’t a set offense or school that consistently develops nfl qbs.

But they got drafted. By sheer volume, he put multiple quarterbacks into the NFL as first rounders, even if at best they were all mediocre (kind of like Houston’s run in 1989-1992)

Advertisement
Because everyone watched herbert under mario’s watch lol, its that simple. Whether its unfair or not it happened, just like we saw tvd’s regression under mario last year. Its not just something people are pulling from nowhere, there are red flags even if they are extreme
Come on .... Mario was not the OC or the QB coach last season. Gattis shocked the world and shocked Mario as well. Maybe Mario was unrealistic in trying to hire Dorsey once he got the UM job ... but if Dorsey, Joe Brady or Jason Candle had taken the job TVD wouldn't have "regressed" along with the entire offense.

Come on .... Mario was not the OC or the QB coach last season. Gattis shocked the world and shocked Mario as well. Maybe Mario was unrealistic in trying to hire Dorsey once he got the UM job ... but if Dorsey, Joe Brady or Jason Candle had taken the job TVD wouldn't have "regressed" along with the entire offense.
I hear you but it was under his watch, the signs were there with gattis and he hired him. He chose to get an entirely different system after saying tvd was the best qb in the country, those were his choices.

Advertisement
It’s a lot of negative about him coming here but remember when KB got hired he was speaking positive on us and got told to put a muzzle on it. Haven’t heard nothing not OSU come out his mouth since. I don’t think those type of things just go away. Everything probably just hush regarding us. There probably a small chance he comes to us but certain things need to happen we all know that those things are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back