2024 WR Jeremiah Smith (Commits to OSU 12/14/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Rare occasion I read your entire message. Where do you rank WRs in terms of importance to a team?
3rd behind the OL and QB. The OL improvements we made from a personnel standpoint imo guarantees us 2 wins, which means for me our floor by that alone is 7-5. If u change that around and we had the WRs caliber of the OL we brought in but struggle to recruit OL. I wouldnt be confident we get 2 wins. Thats without factoring if the new coaches are better or the current players improved.

3rd behind the OL and QB. The OL improvements we made from a personnel standpoint imo guarantees us 2 wins, which means for me our floor by that alone is 7-5. If u change that around and we had the WRs caliber of the OL we brought in but struggle to recruit OL. I wouldnt be confident we get 2 wins. Thats without factoring if the new coaches are better or the current players improved.
As long as they are top 3 I cant argue with that, but I'd take DL over OL 10/10.

As long as they are top 3 I cant argue with that, but I'd take DL over OL 10/10.
I was factoring just to offensive positions. The OL and DL are the base of your team, if u cant block your offense is not gonna be effective. I put the OL above the DL because i feel u can win more games with a great offense and a bad defense than with a bad offense and a great defense. I seen Leech and Lincoln Riley win double digit games with that. U do need both to win big games though.

Takin off the canes shades as an elite wr or QB why would you go to either than? At wr osu is flat out stacked and getting more & more. Kids these days are all about instant gratification. They don't wanna sit the bench or be red shirted. As a QB osu historically speaking is horrible for preparing qbs for the NFL. So why go to either?

This. Collectively, I can't imagine another school is worse than OSU in terms of high profile busts at the QB position.

Advertisement
i dotn think he killed herbert. i think he under utilized herberts skill set but by no means did he kill herbert. overall, mario has a rep. we need a strong O this year to help kill that rep. like it or not, hes seen as a stone age dude by otusiders.
Eventually Saban started getting qbs. Felt like he was slow at first. Build it up someone Is going to want to play with this roster eventually.

This ain't rocket science bud. Team sports is all about staying healthy and establishing depth. We had plenty of that minus the health last season to have atleast 8 wins. Irrelevant at this point though.

Advertisement
U still value my opinion after saying you dont care. U still seek them out to react. Its my take you hold yours, you can spend 6 months crying, then in season crying. Not me, i will try to be rational while using facts. I mean i seen man here calling Kirby a bum and a corch before he won a natty even though he was 1 play away before that. Dolphin fans wanted Tua gone. The coach brings him targets and proper scheme all he did was lead the league in everything. But what does it matter when narrative is more important than facts. U cant disprove nothing i say, so u insult. I deal with it on twitter all day.
#1 Kirby isn't smart is a corch. Corches win too. Especially when you recruit at that level and build a **** good staff around you. His own team despises him.
#2 any dolphin fan that would actually like to see them win something meaningful should want tua gone. It's real easy to lead in passing stats #1 when you have 2 of the top 10 recievers in the league & #2 when you have a approach like McDaniels has always had. If you watch there games (when he manages to play instead of sitting on the sidelines being a walking talking concussion)his strengths are without question the intermediate routes. He's accurate when he gets time and waddle and tyrique to a lesser extent are good route runners. But you ask anything more out of him like a deep ball that utilizes the wr speed and they're always horribly underthrown. I'll take him over this ***** *** hoe *** trash can Daniel ****** Jones. But not much else. Take the right pick and draft Herbert instead and lord is **** real different around here.

#1 Kirby isn't smart is a corch. Corches win too. Especially when you recruit at that level and build a **** good staff around you. His own team despises him.
#2 any dolphin fan that would actually like to see them win something meaningful should want tua gone. It's real easy to lead in passing stats #1 when you have 2 of the top 10 recievers in the league & #2 when you have a approach like McDaniels has always had. If you watch there games (when he manages to play instead of sitting on the sidelines being a walking talking concussion)his strengths are without question the intermediate routes. He's accurate when he gets time and waddle and tyrique to a lesser extent are good route runners. But you ask anything more out of him like a deep ball that utilizes the wr speed and they're always horribly underthrown. I'll take him over this ***** *** hoe *** trash can Daniel ****** Jones. But not much else. Take the right pick and draft Herbert instead and lord is **** real different around here.
Number 1 is right recruit recruit recruit

i dotn think he killed herbert. i think he under utilized herberts skill set but by no means did he kill herbert. overall, mario has a rep. we need a strong O this year to help kill that rep. like it or not, hes seen as a stone age dude by otusiders.

I love how everybody loves to kill MC for the “under utilized“ numbers Herbert put up in the 2 season that MC was HC. Tell me again who were the world beaters he had at WRs/TE? I‘ll help you out, they are all doing something other than playing football on Sundays.

Herbert was under utilized to the tune of 6600 yards and 61 TDs in his 2 seasons under MC.

Passing
YearSchoolConfClassPosGCmpAttPctYdsY/AAY/ATDIntRate
2016OregonPac-12FRQB816225563.519367.68.4194148.8
*2017OregonPac-12SOQB813920667.519839.610.0155167.5
*2018OregonPac-12JRQB1324040459.431517.88.3298144.6
*2019OregonPac-12SRQB1428642866.834718.19.0326156.8
CareerOregon827129364.0105418.28.89523153.1

by comparison during the same time period Tua under Kiffin and Sark put up 7700 yards and 76 TDs throwing to the likes of Jeudy, Waddle, Ruggs, Devonta Smith and Najee Harris.

2018151514−124535569.03,96611.2436199.4571903.35
2019998−118025271.42,84011.3333206.923170.72

(Breaks down to roughly 50 yards and .6 TDs a game more for Tua.)

Advertisement
Everything you said proves my point. He said my take was stupid for taking TVD over Bryce Young based on what he did under Lashlee. He flexing about last season. Man gets a new OC who did not fit here or fit TVD skill set. Lose his targets and then decimate the OL. While Bryce has 5 and 4 stars all around him on both sides of the ball. In the season when TVD went off, Bryce Young was #1 in short passes that went for big yards. He dumped it off, the ball catcher makes moves and get yards. Im not gonna argue with no one, I used data to say TVD was better, they had almost identical stats with Bryce on a title game playing team, TVD was on a 7-5 team that started 2-4 with him as a backup.

As for Tua im a dolphins fan, i watch the games. Im not getn rid of him unless i know there is someone guaranteed better. My concern is his concussions. I know his limits, we can win with him.

Takin off the canes shades as an elite wr or QB why would you go to either than? At wr osu is flat out stacked and getting more & more. Kids these days are all about instant gratification. They don't wanna sit the bench or be red shirted. As a QB osu historically speaking is horrible for preparing qbs for the NFL. So why go to either?
Kids have the attention span of about 5 seconds these days. There is no sense of history.
J smith and Innis are just hedging the risk and not betting on themselves. They see osu as some school that will automatically get you in on day one.

They actually believe in the ability of Hartline more than they believe in the ability that they already have.
It’s also the negative angle towards um that osu keeps repeating and it’s working. The clowning Hartline and that fat Fck keep pumping out on social media is also working.

I get it.
But the kids are acting like the only school putting receivers in the league on day one is osu.
IMO It’s a security blanket that they won’t let go of regardless of what we do on the field this year.

Advertisement

*** I’ve been criticized here just bringing up the development aspect at OSU. It is extremely valid.

I won’t criticize a kid for choosing OSU based on:

If you’re starting:

You’ll win
You’ll put up #s and have fun
You’ll be drafted

But history shows: You will flame out in the league

The one time they actually have a legitimate NFL QB he doesn’t play and goes off to LSU.

*** I’ve been criticized here just bringing up the development aspect at OSU. It is extremely valid.

I won’t criticize a kid for choosing OSU based on:

If you’re starting:

You’ll win
You’ll put up #s and have fun
You’ll be drafted

But history shows: You will flame out in the league

The one time they actually have a legitimate NFL QB he doesn’t play and goes off to LSU.

I’ve been on that train as well. It’s why I’d shy away from stroud.

You know what’s crazy? Troy smith has the most nfl success of any of their QBs.

Ohio State is in the lab building something terrifying right now & Hartline is at the front of it.

1680818029868.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back