2024 WR Jeremiah Smith (Commits to OSU 12/14/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Yeah, was just curious. There was some smoke about some entities at Chaminade being salty about how Franklin and a couple of other Former Chaminade players were handled during their time at Miami. Some of this was debunked just making sure as they are loaded for the next few years.

Trader didn’t sound as interested to me as I expected from earlier comments. He has heard from Beard but not from Dawson yet. Seemed odd. He said Beard called him the day it went public. Told him he wasn’t letting him leave So Florida. Says he hears Dawson is a good coach and looks forward to hearing from him….

He was asked why he went to FSU instead of Miami’s event and he said he was asked if he wanted to go and he said “sure”. Mentioned their offense seemed to do things last year etc. will take OVs to his top 5 but replacing Tennessee with UGA.

Advertisement
Trader didn’t sound as interested to me as I expected from earlier comments. He has heard from Beard but not from Dawson yet. Seemed odd. He said Beard called him the day it went public. Told him he wasn’t letting him leave So Florida. Says he hears Dawson is a good coach and looks forward to hearing from him….

He was asked why he went to FSU instead of Miami’s event and he said he was asked if he wanted to go and he said “sure”. Mentioned their offense seemed to do things last year etc. will take OVs to his top 5 but replacing Tennessee with UGA.

Just gotta have a pulse on offense especially throwing the ball and give these kids a reason to stay home and play.

I mean...And I'm not posting this to start a CMC arguement

But these seeds got planted (I personally don't think he'll go to FSU, but have no idea)...But for 2 months these kids were probably just in "well they ain't even got coaches yet, I'll get back to them when they do...So someone asks hey let's go up FSU, then **** yeah he's going to say "yes **** ya they had a good season who knows...Plus some hoes up there FAMU, etc). I mean til about mid to late January Trader/Smith, etc...Were probably all set to come to a junior day. But then it just keep lingering.

It's not even surprising, nor is it any anti- Miami sign that he didn't drop everything he was doing all because some hires were FINALLY made...but by waiting all this time (and hey CMC did what he was comfortable doing and hopefully he is confident in his hires) you just put a little doubt in the picture and leave the door open for at least a visit or 2.

Last edited:
I’ll put my prediction hat on (it has mostly failed).
But he seems like your typical sofla 5 star that has decided for over a year that there is no way he comes here.
His recruitment reminds of ladsen when he committed to Clemson.
The difference being that ladsen shut it down.

I’ll put my prediction hat on (it has mostly failed).
But he seems like your typical sofla 5 star that has decided for over a year that there is no way he comes here.
His recruitment reminds of ladsen when he committed to Clemson.
The difference being that ladsen shut it down.
probably true

Advertisement
I just got around to watching this kid's highlights. What a beast. I love the intensity he plays with. Celebrating after every TD he scores, etc.

I googled quick and saw 4.7 40 time. Is that correct?

Seems like once he gets going, his top-end speed is fine. He also had a pretty good release at the LOS, and he looks too big to get jammed anyways. Just an absolute weapon. You have to have safety help over the top or else you have no chance of stopping him.

I didn't read this thread for comps, but he reminded me of Andre Johnson.

I just got around to watching this kid's highlights. What a beast. I love the intensity he plays with. Celebrating after every TD he scores, etc.

Seems like once he gets going, his top-end speed is fine. He also had a pretty good release at the LOS, and he looks too big to get jammed anyways. Just an absolute weapon. You have to have safety help over the top or else you have no chance of stopping him.

You sure?

Johnson was timed at between 4.42-4.48, according to three scouts, in his first 40-yard dash. On the second, he ran between 4.37-4.40, scouts said. He also recorded a 41-inch vertical jump, a long jump of 10-feet, 9-inches, and a time of about 4.10 seconds in the short shuttle drill

You sure?

Johnson was timed at between 4.42-4.48, according to three scouts, in his first 40-yard dash. On the second, he ran between 4.37-4.40, scouts said. He also recorded a 41-inch vertical jump, a long jump of 10-feet, 9-inches, and a time of about 4.10 seconds in the short shuttle drill
Andre was definitely faster and more athletic, based on what I see on Smith's film. And he was much bigger (although I don't know what he weighed coming out of HS).

Smith looks like he has a frame that can add weight. At 6'3, he could be like 215 as a freshman. That is beast, and he has great hands and runs great routes. That is what reminded me of Dre.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Andre was definitely faster and more athletic, based on what I see on Smith's film. And he was much bigger (although I don't know what he weighed coming out of HS).

Smith looks like he has a frame that can add weight. At 6'3, he could be like 215 as a freshman. That is beast, and he has great hands and runs great routes. That is what reminded me of Dre.
I see Julio Jones in him.

He is faster than that.. most likely old times, he been running track and seems to have posted some impressive times in hurdles I think..

This is lining up to be a strange strange recruitment. Cormani level of strange.

Seems like it’s on a weekly basis he’s correcting something he said to the media, back tracking, or deleting tweets.

Hopefully the kid has strong mentors in his corner and can reign this all in or can establish boundaries with OSU. **** is crazy

This is lining up to be a strange strange recruitment. Cormani level of strange.

Seems like it’s on a weekly basis he’s correcting something he said to the media, back tracking, or deleting tweets.

Hopefully the kid has strong mentors in his corner and can reign this all in or can establish boundaries with OSU. **** is crazy
Could be he’s a junior in HS and doesn’t think through what he’s saying to reporters. Or maybe he just likes the attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back