2024 WR Jeremiah Smith (Commits to OSU 12/14/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
How common is this? I don't follow recruiting or anything on social media....past here.

Seems ***** made and would really leave a bad taste in my mouth as a recruit.
Sure if you only look at it through Green and Orange lenses. Imagine if we had a commit that was putting out tweets that suggested he was flirting with another team. We then found out that one of the Miami coaches had a call with said recruit where he straightened everything out, the kid was locked in and the coach convinced him to delete said tweet so that he could be more of an ambassador of the class. We would all be talking about what a great job that coach did.

Reality is that Smith is a Taint commit but has made some tweets about the home school that suggest he may not be that committed. Do we really expect for Taint not to do something about it or at least try?

Sure if you only look at it through Green and Orange lenses. Imagine if we had a commit that was putting out tweets that suggested he was flirting with another team. We then found out that one of the Miami coaches had a call with said recruit where he straightened everything out, the kid was locked in and the coach convinced him to delete said tweet so that he could be more of an ambassador of the class. We would all be talking about what a great job that coach did.

Reality is that Smith is a Taint commit but has made some tweets about the home school that suggest he may not be that committed. Do we really expect for Taint not to do something about it or at least try?

Sure, maybe. Either way that's from a fans perspective and not what I was talking about. This kid isn't an Buckeye until he enrolls; and even so he can talk about whatever and whoever he wants. I'm saying that me personally as a kid deciding on schools, it would leave a bad taste in my mouth about that person depending how it went about. It wasn't even mentioning Miami directly he just complimented a coach that gave him a call.

And it just looks dumb as **** because it's not like millions (hyperbole but you know what I mean) of people didn't screenshot it anyway and are making edits even for CISs account, which probably is reaching more total people than a recruits account.

Last edited:
Sure, maybe. Either way that's from a fans perspective and not what I was talking about. This kid isn't a Buckeye until he enrolls; and even so he can talk about whatever and whoever he wants. I'm staying that me personally as a kid deciding on schools, it would leave a bad taste in my mouth about that person depending how it went about. It wasn't even mentioning Miami directly he just complimented a coach that gave him a call.
Sure but I think you are also looking at it through a fan’s perspective, a Miami fan’s. First we are assuming that they got him to take those down in a strong armed manner. Second you assume that someone he respects asking him to take it down will leave a bad taste in his mouth. I’m sure they outright asked him, are you a commit or nah and if you are take it down. Lastly, he has been making tweets for a couple of weeks now, it’s not just one tweet. It certainly does not seem that he maybe as solid as we were lead to believe, either that or he is trolling but either way it’s not out of line for Taint to step in like that.

Sure but I think you are also looking at it through a fan’s perspective, a Miami fan’s. First we are assuming that they got him to take those down in a strong armed manner. Second you assume that someone he respects asking him to take it down will leave a bad taste in his mouth. I’m sure they outright asked him, are you a commit or nah and if you are take it down. Lastly, he has been making tweets for a couple of weeks now, it’s not just one tweet. It certainly does not seem that he maybe as solid as we were lead to believe, either that or he is trolling but either way it’s not out of line for Taint to step in like that.

Or maybe he just sensed it didn't sit well with the team his is committed to and decided to take it down out of respect. Im alright with that, wish more high school kids handled their business in that manor. Keeping an open line with our coaches and giving us a shot to show something on the field before signing is what matters. Not whats put on social media.

Advertisement

You always try to remove all bias but that's impossible. That's really just me how I'd see it myself being sold on my future and mentorship. I did edit to clarify 'depending how it went down'. You bring up the past posts... That makes this even more frivolous and quite frankly silly. It was such a benign comment.

Anyway, it's been reposted and all of his pro OSU and pro Dawson posts are still up. What was the point?

Wait does this mean Coach Kevin Beard is no longer a real one???

Angry Denzel Washington GIF

Agreed, if he can't figure it out his 1st year on campus with mediocre coaching he never will. Most true freshmen are finished products I saw all I needed to see.
I've never seen a QB so bad with accuracy in my life. It's sad because if he could throw the ball he would be unstoppable.

Advertisement
How common is this? I don't follow recruiting or anything on social media....past here.

Seems ***** made and would really leave a bad taste in my mouth as a recruit.
lol our own coaches ask players and recruits to send out coordinated tweets all the time. you think those random in unison tweets about us loving UM after pathetic losses are natural? nah its done everywhere.

They will look better but without wrs its not going to be a world beater, if TVD throws balls like he did last year be ready cause that accuracy in spots were real bad. Dont know if it were the wr route trees or what but it looked real bad at times. Even basic throws looked bad
It was clearly the offense and being under pressure everytime he dropped back. It also looked like he hated the offense soooooo much he quit while still playing.

We saw the real TVD when he had a real coordinator. Hopefully Dawson can find that TVD.

lol our own coaches ask players and recruits to send out coordinated tweets all the time. you think those random in unison tweets about us loving UM after pathetic losses are natural? nah its done everywhere.

Oh I get coordinated ones for hype. I feel that's a complete 180 to the question though. How common is it for coaches to ask for content deleted?

Legitimately curious because I can't think of a time that's happened with one of our commits.

Oh I get coordinated ones for hype. I feel that's a complete 180 to the question though. How common is it for coaches to ask for content deleted?

Legitimately curious because I can't think of a time that's happened with one of our commits.
That's one guess at it. It's either the coach said to take it down (which is hard to believe) or he got annoyed at the fan base which is most likely the case over option 1

Advertisement
That's one guess at it. It's either the coach said to take it down (which is hard to believe) or he got annoyed at the fan base which is most likely the case over option 1

I'd say this is most likely. People were saying he was asked to remove it and all I wondered was how common that is if even true lol.

I'm just saying that if somebody asked me to take it down I'd look at them sideways depending on how it went about.

I'd say this is most likely. People were saying he was asked to remove it and all I wondered was how common that is if even true lol.

I'm just saying that if somebody asked me to take it down I'd look at them sideways depending on how it went about.

I agree with you. Even if there was a chat between Hartline and Smith about the Tweet, I'd be really surprised if Hartline actually told him to take it down. To me, that would come across as weak. But, I'd more expect a call/text along these lines:

"Hey man, I saw you giving the local school some love on social recently. I can understand and respect that, but I'm not doing my job if I don't ask you if you're still solid with us or if we should be looking elsewhere. Straight up, you tell me we're good and we're good."
"Nah, coach. We're good."
"That's all I needed to hear and all I wanted to hear. We'll talk soon. Go Buckeyes!"

Then OSU fans start going wild on social media. So he thinks to himself, man, this wasn't worth the drama and he deletes it.

No inside information and just an educated guess, of course.

If he did that he probably would lose the recruit down the road for sure, so it's unlikely he told him to do so. You will lose the kid cause he will read that it's bad vibes u bossing me around and I ain't even signed yet. I'm a 5 star I don't need you

Advertisement
College football fans are crazy nut jobs. all of them. theyre all toxic. also, if I were a recruit, id troll the **** out of the fans everyday just for laughs bc it would be hilarious in that people take this **** way too seriously. I wouldn't troll the coaches but id def troll the fans

College football fans are crazy nut jobs. all of them. theyre all toxic. also, if I were a recruit, id troll the **** out of the fans everyday just for laughs bc it would be hilarious in that people take this **** way too seriously. I wouldn't troll the coaches but id def troll the fans
I would troll bama fans hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back