2024 WR Jeremiah Smith (Commits to OSU 12/14/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Hartline is such a ****. At the same time idgaf about 24 class right now. Mario got 9 months to play catch-up and prove that he can put a good offense on the field. Long way to go.

Advertisement
Who cares at this point? He doesn't sign for at least another year. Transfer portal will also be full of proven wide receivers every year really taking the pressure off landing just high school studs.

wr.jpg

Last edited:
We said the same about Innis, Brooks, Jeudy, Cooper etc. The truth is that we’re incapable of landing the elite WR in our own back yard. Hopefully we can muster a touchdown next season and somehow change the trend.
That's a fair point but also recall previous staffs just waved the white flag for the most part in regards to the players you referenced and many others, this staff will not fold so easily. And if I said on this board a year ago we would get the best CB and 2 best OT in this class after a 5-7 season I would have been laughed at no end.

you know when you got the perfect person for the job it’s hard to critique where they can get better , MARIO has been a KILLER on the trail BUT this Top WR outta south Florida going to OSU HAS TO AND NEEDS TO STOP! & it starts with smith. I am sick and tired of losing the top WRs outta our back yard.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
As good as Mario is as a recruiter, and he’s great, this is the white whale. This is the beast he must slay. Brian Hartline b rabbit looking *** just comes down here and take the most elite WR and tucks him away whenever he wants. **** is tiring AF and we have to end the cycle.
A true vacuum at OC right now and with what our offense looked like.... not to mention all the NIL $$$ being tossed around, how hard of a sell could this have possibly been to a 16-17 year old?

This kid is unreal, and we need him....but when we were saying the same **** about Cooper, Jeudy, etc....our trenches still sucked like they still have recently. Let's do 2 things as priorities....field a team that collectively gives a ****, and build up the trenches so that having the most deadly wide outs isn't going to make or break our squad since our QBs will have time and our backs will be eating up chunks.

AGAIN...want this kid, but tons of time left to change his impression.

What’s crazy they’re on Trader hard too. I believe he’s the one we go hard for.
Probably political. They don’t want to lose their dominance in the area. Maybe one day we will be able to land the #1 WR in SoFl. Think it’s been like 10 years or so.

what a coincidence that they were crying about about NIL yesterday morning & less than 36 hours later they've managed to shutout any chance of Innis flipping (according to @Cribby) & got a commitment from Smith.
someone clearly ponied up some $ up there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back