2024 WR Jeremiah Smith (Commits to OSU 12/14/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I said he would go after them regardless. And occasionally he'll get a guy that'll be the right fit. I was just saying I don't think he'll have a system that NEEDS the elite 5* talent at WR to win. And a lot of the WRs will know that so they won't come. Occasionally one will see the vision and believe in it and they'll still come (hopefully ****ey for example) but it's not because Mario is promising a wide open offense that's going to them 1200 yards and 10 TDs.

Look at UGA last year. They didn't have a single wide receiver over 500 yards. But their TEs and RBs were studs. Same with Michigan last year. Only 1 WR over 500 yards. 2 playoff teams. No need for 5* elite WRs who demand so many targets and attention.

Naw… No HC thinks like that. Your system becomes more successful if you have elite talent. MC knows the better talent the better results. Georgia didn’t throw as much but they had 4 and 5 star WR which still made it easier. Paul Johnson ran a wing t but Damaryous Thomas made the passing game a lot more dangerous because he was an elite talent lining up. We can’t create these bizarre reasons as why we don’t get certain recruits. I mean MC is still getting top talent so there’s no reason to do that.

It 100% sucks but I also hate Ohio state.
My parents briefly lived in Marietta. That’s an interesting place. The sky is always grey there and the people there are low rent, trashy. I mean, if you’re s resident of Ohio and you’re flying a confederate flag, you might be really stupid.

Advertisement
My parents briefly lived in Marietta. That’s an interesting place. The sky is always grey there and the people there are low rent, trashy. I mean, if you’re s resident of Ohio and you’re flying a confederate flag, you might be really stupid.
I know exactly what you mean I actually was in Marietta for the first time ever 3 months ago and I couldn’t wait to leave. Main Street was kinda cool tho I like to hop from place to place and eat and drink

I know exactly what you mean I actually was in Marietta for the first time ever 3 months ago and I couldn’t wait to leave. Main Street was kinda cool tho I like to hop from place to place and eat and drink
I totally agree. My parents lived on 5th St? Maybe 4th? Marietta College was down the hill from my parents. Downtown was walkable from my parents. It wasnt bad to get away from the city and visit them for a few days. No way I could live there. For a town that size, they have a serious drug problem.

I totally agree. My parents lived on 5th St? Maybe 4th? Marietta College was down the hill from my parents. Downtown was walkable from my parents. It wasnt bad to get away from the city and visit them for a few days. No way I could live there. For a town that size, they have a serious drug problem.
I caught on to that pretty quick lol thankfully I don’t ever have to go back. I went up to support a friend of mine at his dads funeral

You're also talking about SE Ohio. Outside of Athens, there's NOTHING going on there and one of the poorest areas of the state, if not the poorest. If you're judging all of Ohio based on Marietta, then let me judge all of Florida based on Gainesville.

Advertisement
How about we focus on closing out this years WR class first before we start stressing ourselves on 2024 kids. We are not anywhere close to where we need to be as far as bringing in WR talent in THIS class. Ray Ray and Robby are a helluva start but long way to go.

To close the gap with the top echelon in the sport we need to start winning battles like this at some point. Can’t just have 2-3 schools annually come in and cherry pick the top playmakers in the Nation/our schools backyard & leave us the crumbs and then expect to compete for ****les. Not saying if we don’t land Smiff to fold the program, but at somepoint someone has to stop the bleeding. WRs & DEs need to keep them home. They go elsewhere & help teams win chips yearly. ****I know some kids want to leave for school regardless, but point still stands

Then what is longer than an eternity? Because that’s how long it’s been since we landed a stud No. 1 wide receiver from South Florida.
Thats not true at all. just so happens the guy we landed gets a fcked up neck and has to retire. That kid was going to be a first round pick, he was a total beast.

You're also talking about SE Ohio. Outside of Athens, there's NOTHING going on there and one of the poorest areas of the state, if not the poorest. If you're judging all of Ohio based on Marietta, then let me judge all of Florida based on Gainesville.
Wait Up Joe Biden GIF by The Democrats

Advertisement
Not reading into tweets but Ohio State does have 3 top receivers committed for '23 so perhaps he sees early playing time less likely there?

Advertisement
I said he would go after them regardless. And occasionally he'll get a guy that'll be the right fit. I was just saying I don't think he'll have a system that NEEDS the elite 5* talent at WR to win. And a lot of the WRs will know that so they won't come. Occasionally one will see the vision and believe in it and they'll still come (hopefully ****ey for example) but it's not because Mario is promising a wide open offense that's going to them 1200 yards and 10 TDs.

Look at UGA last year. They didn't have a single wide receiver over 500 yards. But their TEs and RBs were studs. Same with Michigan last year. Only 1 WR over 500 yards. 2 playoff teams. No need for 5* elite WRs who demand so many targets and attention.
After watching Alabama on offense the last few years this is a **** of a take

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back