2024 WR Jeremiah Smith (Commits to OSU 12/14/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
If we can finally sign some an elite WR this year we can stand the loss. We need a guy badly.

Advertisement
Just win man that’s all we gotta do. If we win 9-10 games this year and take care of business like we should guys will come.

Chaminade has a whole bunch of kids we really need to keep:
5* WR JoJo Trader
5* WR Jeremiah Smith
4* S Zaquan Patterson
4* RB Davion Gause

We need to keep Joseph home in the 23 class and get a Chaminade pipeline going. I would say JoJo and TJ Capers from Columbus are the absolute must gets on their respective sides of the ball for the 24 class followed by Jeremiah Smith and Zaquan Patterson.

Still 15 months away before he signs.

That's an eternity in college football recruiting.

Then what is longer than an eternity? Because that’s how long it’s been since we landed a stud No. 1 wide receiver from South Florida.

Then what is longer than an eternity? Because that’s how long it’s been since we landed a stud No. 1 wide receiver from South Florida.
I honestly think Mario is trying to build a system that doesn't NEED elite 5* WRs to succeed. 5* WRs are the biggest divas and they cost a lot $$$ and they can be cancers in the locker room if they're not getting their targets. I'm sure Mario would rather spend that NIL money on the trenches.

Give me a bunch of X, Berrios, Ray Ray and Robby and stack talent at TE and RB and you can win all day in college football.

I'm sure Mario will still recruit and go all out for the 5* wr studs but he's not going to adjust his strategy to get them. And I don't think his strategy/offense will feature/highlight stud WRs..

Advertisement
More than a whole year away 😔🤦🏾‍♂️..... Why do I keep letting y'all disappoint me ...

Advertisement
Not too worried even if he commits to OSU soon. Giving Mario another 15 months to chip away at the top South Florida kids will pay off more times than not. Smith will likely be on campus, what 10 more times before now and 2024 signing day? Just keep the heat on him.

Advertisement
I honestly think Mario is trying to build a system that doesn't NEED elite 5* WRs to succeed. 5* WRs are the biggest divas and they cost a lot $$$ and they can be cancers in the locker room if they're not getting their targets. I'm sure Mario would rather spend that NIL money on the trenches.

Give me a bunch of X, Berrios, Ray Ray and Robby and stack talent at TE and RB and you can win all day in college football.

I'm sure Mario will still recruit and go all out for the 5* wr studs but he's not going to adjust his strategy to get them. And I don't think his strategy/offense will feature/highlight stud WRs..

Stop. This doesn’t make sense. You go after the top talent regardless of position. Not just stars but top talent. UM is a p5 school with a rich tradition. There will always be divas they just have to abide by the rules and perform. Mario and every coach wants the best talent.

Stop. This doesn’t make sense. You go after the top talent regardless of position. Not just stars but top talent. UM is a p5 school with a rich tradition. There will always be divas they just have to abide by the rules and perform. Mario and every coach wants the best talent.
I said he would go after them regardless. And occasionally he'll get a guy that'll be the right fit. I was just saying I don't think he'll have a system that NEEDS the elite 5* talent at WR to win. And a lot of the WRs will know that so they won't come. Occasionally one will see the vision and believe in it and they'll still come (hopefully ****ey for example) but it's not because Mario is promising a wide open offense that's going to them 1200 yards and 10 TDs.

Look at UGA last year. They didn't have a single wide receiver over 500 yards. But their TEs and RBs were studs. Same with Michigan last year. Only 1 WR over 500 yards. 2 playoff teams. No need for 5* elite WRs who demand so many targets and attention.

Yeah, over with. I’d love to be wrong. But I don’t think I will be
Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back